Book your hot desk at this ultra-luxe Cape Town co-working space provider this Monday and ...
Cape Town By Night: Cool Things To Do After Dark
A roundup of awesome and quirky after-dark activities in Cape Town
Last Update: 14 November 2018
From night activities like entertainment, live music and clubs to restaurants in nightlife hotspots and places to party you might not have thought of looking. We even look at safe and family-friendly night-time activities around Cape Town.
1. POOL DECK OR DINNER WITH A MOUNTAIN VIEW
Newly renovated, the quintessential Cape Town CBD hotel now features an extended Murano Deck overlooking Orange Street. Doubly awesome because it features a pool and cocktail bar (try the Bali-inspired Crushed Coconut Mojito). Or, you can dine with a view of Table Mountain on healthy-but-tasty food options from the “live kitchen” at the 15 on Orange restaurant that doesn’t have a name yet. You could even choose to stay over, and maybe dine in a pod overlooking the atrium. Discover the new-look 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection.
Corner of Orange Street & Grey’s Pass | Gardens | Cape Town | +27 21 469 8000
2. Watch a movie under the stars at one of the stunning venues at The Galileo Open Air Cinema. It runs until April, the doors open at 6pm, and the movie starts at sunset. Tickets start at R89pp.
Various venues | Cape Town | +27(0)71 471 8728 | firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Live jazz, up-and-coming bands, 2-for-1 burgers, a Falko mural and craft beer straight from the tank to your growler. Check out all the cool new experiences we discovered on a visit to Jack Black’s Brewing Co taproom in Diep River.
10 Brigid Road | Diep River | +27 (0)21 286 1220 | email@example.com
4. The Maynardville Open-Air Festival, where you get to enjoy theatre in a glorious green park, runs from January to March 2019. There’ll be symphonies, ballet, comedy and Shakespeare.
27 Piers Road | Wynberg park | Wynberg |+27 (0) 021 421 769
5. Electric bicycle company GONOW has group rides for the night-time activities. Or you can hire out the bike for a solo cruise. It’s open from 8am to 9pm daily. Rentals from R100/p an hour, and up to R300/p for three hours to a full day rental.
253 Main Road | Sea Point | Cape Town | +27 (0) 64 393 8231 | firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Wheel of Excellence at the V&A Waterfront gives you panoramic views of Cape Town when darkness descends. Children and pensioners tickets are R65/p and adults are R160/p. It’s open daily from 11am to 10pm.
Dock Road | Waterfront | Cape Town | +27 (0)83 886 8167
7. A bit of a know-it-all? Great, then you can flaunt your general knowledge at one of these pub quizzes in Cape Town. Bring your mates and enjoy a night of intellectual fun in a pub setting.
Various venues | Cape Town
8. For the pleasure seekers we have a few suggestions in our Places To Get It On in Cape Town A night out to refined Mavericks Revue Bar, with gorgeous dancers against a dark and class setting, will also give you a thrill. General admission for ladies is R50/p and R100/p for the gents, open from Monday to Saturday at 7pm to 4am.
68 Barrack Street | Cape Town| +27 (0)21 461 9988
9. Enjoy a dose of deliciously dark humour at the Cape Town Comedy Club. They have shows from Wednesday to Sunday. If you want to make an evening of it, and come for dinner. Doors open at 6pm and the show start at 8.30pm. Prices range from R95/ to R120/p.
The Pumphouse at the V&A Waterfront | V & A Waterfront | +27 (0)79 495 3989
10. Explore one of Cape Town’s many night markets such as the Bay Harbour Market in Hout Bay open from Friday to Sunday at 9am to 4pm, containing everything from artisanal food and drink to live music and vintage clothing.
Various venues | Cape Town
Is Strand Street the new street du jour? Pop in and have a look at the cool repurposed interiors at VIXI Social House.
Power off again? Keep up to date with the latest in loadshedding in Cape Town.
Looking to do some other cool activities? Here’s a round-up of 47 Awesome To-Do’s That Should Be on Your Summer Bucket List or 50 things to do with kids as well as cool things to do for 20-somethings.
In the city, you might want to check out the live house DJ and rooftop sundowners on the Foreshore. Here's how you can help save the environment and celebrate Earth Hour 2018. Also check out the Black Friday specials in South Africa.
Visit an elite gentlemen's club in the heart of Cape Town's CBD that caters for women, too: Stilettos.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of what’s happening in the city, suburbs and dorpies. Join our newsletter and add us to your mobile home screen for the ultimate guide to discoveries in Cape Town.