Experiment with an array of movement arts in one place
Join our team: Exciting positions available at CapeTownMagazine.com
Digital Content Producer (Writer)
Remuneration: Basic salary
Location: Cape Town
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Junior–Mid
Applications close: Friday, 13 March 2020
We are looking for a curious, content producer with digital smarts, who is excited to contribute to our mission to excite every reader wherever they are – in the city suburbs, province and globally – with discoveries that will make them resonate and click more with the city and province.
You need strong writing skills and to love (and play with) all things digital (hello Tik Tok). You get a thrill from and want to know and improve on creating content that ranks highly on Google and resonates with all readers on our social channels.
You will need a strong drive, stamina and willingness to learn more about competing for the top result on the first-page. That means you have worked on a CMS and have experience in SEO and using social media.
While skill is important, attitude and culture fit is EVERYTHING for this job. We are more than willing to teach if you can demonstrate a willingness to learn. You must be forever learning, thirsty for adventure, and open to learning something new every day.
You must also have a mindset of discovery (what new discoveries have you made this weekend?) and love the idea of being in and out of the office and trying new things (restaurants, skydiving, interesting overnight stays). You must also love to come back to the office to tell everyone why they should know all about it.
Your day-to-day role will focus on creating targeted content about a wide range of discoveries: writing events, overviews, and features about restaurants and other local businesses, and making sure it *sings* on social.
You will be working for CapeTownMagazine.com, the leading online magazine based in Cape Town and dedicated to curating Capetonians as well as local and international tourists to making exciting and unique discoveries in the city and province.
You will be part of a fast-paced online media company and key member of the content team who have a finger on the pulse of digital.
You will need a solid work ethic and stamina, along with an eager and organised mindset, used to deadlines, and calm under pressure. If this sounds like you, apply below.
Learning and internalising our methodologies
Researching and writing content to brief across various content pillars
Developing and pitching your own content ideas
Conducting interviews for content
Quick and fast delivery on news and commissioned stories
Writing for social media channels
Image sourcing and publishing on the CMS
Conceptualising strong and efficient ways to grow content pillars and our readership
Attending events and going on unique experiences
Constructive, positive attitude
Highly curious and adaptable
Be a quick learner who makes new mistakes, not old ones
Search Engine Optimisation experience
Image editing know-how (such as a basic knowledge of Photoshop)
Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
If you want to come along for the ride, send us your CV and a cover letter. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be asked to send through writing samples and will have to complete a writing test.
Send your CV, a cover letter, and one sample of your written work to Sue Ramgathi at email@example.com, with the subject line “Content Producer”.
Applications close: Friday, 13 March 2020
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of sending your CV, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Partnership Programme Executive
Be part of a winning team that thrives on the core value of the drawing about “comfort zone vs where magic happens” (google it). We currently have a vacancy for a Partnership Programme Executive.
CapeTownMagazine.com is the Mother City’s leading online magazine with a mission to enable locals and
visitors to make exciting discoveries that make them happier. Daily quality content discoveries on leisure, lifestyle, things to do and events are crafted to tickle curiosity, drive discovery and unclick the clique-iness. We bring out the most unique in the biggest way - and the biggest in the most unique way.
The CapeTownMagazine.com brand is about leadership, quality and curiosity. We are the largest online magazine, but that’s not what it’s about. It’s about connected togetherness and action. A popular saying with us is: “We don’t have a media background, but we have a background in doing things that work.”
At the same time we are not selling, we are storytelling. Our brand reaches outside the “in crowd” to the broader audience. We have a dedicated team with vast experience in online and digital across all channels. Driven to be that first friend for foreigners and that best friend for locals around the corner..
We have an opportunity for a Partnership Programme Executive for our commercial projects and partner programme.
Are you passionate and diligent, currently under-rated and under-appreciated – a communicator of opportunities that loves asking the right questions to listen and analyse opportunities, a forever-learning and growing top sales talent that has the quality to not sell but storytell? CapeTownMagazine.com prides itself on doing things that work, that are creating excellent results and spark something special.
You not only analyse the opportunities, you identify them and brief them into the team as well as want to stay on top of making it a success. From commercial projects for small and to big clients, to the partner programme which focuses on enabling the most unique experiences to really benefit from the best of class experience of our team.
- Work on exciting editorial and sales themes throughout the year where businesses benefit from our ability to do things that work
- Connect and build relationships with potential partners in the tourism and hospitality industry
- True dedication and passion to find a real win for partners
- Work on monthly sales calendar around the best and most interesting events for the year
- Build solid and winning campaigns for current and potential partners through various channels (social media, newsletters, banners, etc.)
- Market and promote our vast array of offerings to current and potential partners
- Put together detailed partner briefings
- On-boarding of new partners and seeing through the delivery till completion
- Maintain and improve further CapeTownMagazine.com’s 84% client/partner renewal rate
- An attractive commission structure with a basic salary
- An energetic and stimulating company culture
- Nurturing environment with limitless possibilities
- Exposure to the best online marketing practices
- Legendary laughs in the Monday discoveries shares with full team
You, as the right candidate, need to consider whether you have the following:
- Very strong communicator and excellent listening skills
- Hard worker with a tremendous dedication to the position
- Great communication and listening skills
- Drive to be ever learning, especially in any aspect of the benefits of online and social media
- Personality that is forever curious and has a natural confidence
- Organised and methodical approach with attention to details
- Be a champion in finding solutions for current and potential partners
- Enthusiastic, better yet, constructive with good energy levels.
- Passion for Cape Town, the tourism, travel and hospitality industry
- 3 to 4 years sales experience (preferably PR and online media)
- Proven sales track record (proven track record in building sales funnels and pipelines)
- Sound listening skills
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and think outside the box
- Ability to connect and build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational competencies
- Team player is a must
- Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products, especially Excel and Google docs.
- Must be willing to go outside their comfort zone
- Appetite for online software and apps that can help you improve your performance
- Experience in (marketing) advertising solutions / packages for magazines
- A good and strong network in the tourism and hospitality industry
Send your CV and a cover letter Sue Ramgathi at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Partnership Programme Executive”.
Applications close: Friday, 13 March 2020
Please note that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of sending your CV, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.