Plus: Half-price on all “To Share” plates – see what’s on the menu here
Halloween Walks To Yoga And Sleepovers With Dogs – Here’s What To Try This Weekend
Plus a master list of things to do for Halloween
Pick any weekend of the year in Cape Town and you’re bound to find a host of events planned throughout our hip and happening city. We have rounded up a bunch of super fun things to do in and around the Mother City this weekend. Terrify the city streets in your scariest get-up at the annual Zombie Walk, wine-down till sunset on the Fedisa rooftop at an event dedicated to vino, or support and encourage adoption by doing some downward facing dog with the Mdzananda Animal Clinic.
#Pickoftheweek: Hay There!
Spot the scarecrow and win (and much more) this weekend at the Darling Scarecrow Festival.
2. TEARS Sleepathon (Saturday evening to Sunday morning 27 to 28 October)
Stay over at animal rescue centre TEARS to help raise funds and awareness for shelter animals at their unique sleepover event.
3. Cape Town International Kite Festival (Saturday morning to Sunday evening 27 to 28 October)
Wave your kite high in the sky in support of mental health awareness at the Cape Town International Kite Festival.
4. The Wine Down (Friday evening till late 26 October)
Wind down as the sunsets on the Fedisa rooftop at the wine-centric event, The Wine Down.
5. Downward Facing Adopt A Dog (Saturday morning to afternoon 27 October)
Enjoy a gentle yoga class all while supporting shelter dogs at this cool event happening in De Waal Park, Downward Facing Adopt A Dog.
6. Summer Gala at YoungBlood (Friday evening till late 26 October)
Dinner meets dance, jazz and African contemporary at the Summer Gala with Dark Room Contemporary.
7. Rainbow Friendly Festival (Sunday evening till late 28 October)
Free workshops, live music, showcases and more all weekend long at the Rainbow Friendly Festival.
8. Cape Town City FC vs Amazulu FC (Saturday night 27 October)
Back your city as these two soccer teams go head to head in the ABSA Premier Soccer League.
9. Get A Hollywood-Calibre Costume
Win best-dressed every time with the ideal costume fit for Hollywood from Theatre & Film Costume Workshop.
10. HQ Day of The Dead Halloween Party (Saturday evening 27 October)
Score complimentary cocktails and prizes for the best Halloween look at HQ’s Day of The Dead party.
11. Boschendal Friday Night Market (Friday evening 26 October)
Make your way out to the Franschhoek Winelands for some night time market shopping at the Boschendal Friday Night Market.
12. Reggae Nights at Strolla (Saturday evening 27 October)
Enjoy live reggae tunes while the sun sets on another Saturday at Strolla.
13. Family Spitbraai Sundays at The Barn (Sunday afternoon 28 October)
Kick back with the family at Old Mac Daddy with their festive spitbraai Sundays.
Want your event to gain fame and a following? Our Events Support Programme includes diverse and affordable packages guaranteed to get results. To learn more please contact email@example.com or phone +27(0)21 422 2444.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add capetownmagazine.com to your mobile home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!