A free audio exhibition exploring fantasy islands, suits that give you a different ...
A Secret Line-up of Live Music, Poetry, Comedy and Dance In Muizenberg Homes
Hidden venues, surprise performers and fortuitous amount of complimentary drinks at the inaugural Muizenberg Village Vibes event
Based on the village of Darling’s Voorkamerfest (Voorkamerfees) concept, Village Vibes on the evenings of 12 and 13 April 2019, is a first-of-a-kind event for Muizenberg. The Voorkamerfest carries an element of excitement for the audience as the venues and performers remain a surprise until you arrive. June Homan, former Darling local and now the owner of Joon restaurant in Muizenberg, is responsible for bringing the concept to Muizenberg.
WATCH: WHAT MAKES MUIZENBERG SPECIAL?
ENTERTAINMENT LINE-UP AND WHAT TO EXPECT
Each night, there are three groups that start and end at Joon restaurant. Each group departs at a set time (accompanied by skateboarding guides), taking short walks between the three private houses.
- Event 1: Before-party at Joon with alternative-folk singer/songwriter Marcia Moon + snack platters or pizza with complimentary wine while perusing the art exhibition
- Event 2: Afro-Jazz fusion
- Intermission: Complimentary gin and craft beer break
- Event 3: Stand-up comedy
- Event 4: Folk/rock
- Event 5: After-party at Joon with live jazz, Brazilian salsa dancers, fire performers (AffodizzyActs) and rock band, Boyes Drive on 12 April and the incredible Nhoza and her four-piece band’s Afro-fusion sounds on 13 April + pizza or snack platters with a complimentary craft beer
- Official After-the-after party-party at The Striped Horse Muizenberg with DJs until 2am + complimentary drink to ticket holders on arrival
If you’d like to try your hand at guessing who the other performers are going to be, for some clues, head to the website.
Meet at Joon Restaurant for the before-party and enjoy your complimentary welcome wine on arrival. Gear up for the evening by pre-ordering a snack platter such as cheese platter, mini slider platter or vegan meze platter for R70 to R95.
You can order snack platters on the night too, but that'll be on a 'first come, first served' basis. Alternatively, opt for their delicious pizzas (it’s a good idea to place your order early for pizza).
Thin-crust butternut, caramelised onion, feta and rocket pizza or bacon, avo, feta and garlic or artichoke, mushroom and feta? Yes, please!
TICKETS TO VILLAGE VIBES 2019
Limited to 75 people per night, tickets cost R250 per person, per night and can be booked online. Your ticket includes five events: the before-party and after-party, and the three secret events, with eight live acts in total and you’ll receive the full programme and scheduled times on the night. You also get a glass of wine, a gin and tonic, and craft beer tasting.
- Group 1 departs for the festival route at 5:45pm
- Group 2 departs for the festival route at 6:30pm
- Group 3 departs for the festival route at 7:15pm
After the festival route
- Group 1 returns for the after-party at 8:30pm
- Group 2 returns for the after-party at 9:15pm
- Group 3 returns for the after-party at 10:00pm
The after-party ends at 11:30pm, after which you can head to the Striped Horse in Muizenberg.
WATCH: VILLAGE VIBES 2019
Supercharge your event? Our Events Support Programme gets results. Contact email@example.com or +27 (0)21 422 2444.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of what’s happening in the city, ‘burbs and dorpies. Join our newsletter and get quick access on the go by adding us to your mobile home screen for the ultimate guide to discoveries in Cape Town.
Follow and like us on Twitter ❤ Facebook ❤ LinkedIn ❤ Instagram ❤ Pinterest for updates.