Epic foodie experiences from coffee to dinner Monday to Saturday at the African Relish ...
10 Questions For: Siya Kolisi
This much-loved Stormers and Western Province rugby player has been making marks on the sports field ever since his talent was discovered at the tender age of 12
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I am very fortunate in that I earn a living doing what I love and doing it with my mates every single day.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Playing rugby with my club mates in Zwide [a township in Port Elizabeth] at the age of eight – that’s where and when I fell in love with the game.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Mandela, because he’s the father of our nation. Roger Federer, because I like the way he carries himself. And Ronaldo, because he’s my favourite footballer.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘Purple Rain’. The version sung by the winner of Idols South Africa Season 10, Vincent Bones. I backed him from the start!
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _______.
…Relaxation. I really love relaxing in my spare time.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I’m too outgoing.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It’s the best city in the world. There’s no contest!
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
The fear of failure and the fear of not being able to stay on top once I get there.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Setting up a great foundation for my family – it would be the legacy I leave behind for them.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Wayne Parnell. He’s too much of a nice guy…*laughter*
Image courtesy of WP Rugby/Carl Fourie
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Newlands Station Manager for the Volunteer Wildfire Services Jon-Jon Emary
10 Questions For Skater Deꞔio Lourenꞔo
Check out these places to watch the Rugby World Cup.
Superhero fans big and small will love watching their heroes in super new Marvel kit at the Super Hero Super Rugby Sunday.
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!