This country village also offers good food, excellent wine + lots of history
Wake up on Table Mountain
If you are looking for unusual accommodation in Cape Town, this is it. Did you know one can sleep on top of Table Mountain? Imagine the city at your feet and the stars as your canopy. Sounds good? The beautiful Overseers Cottage gives you the awesome opportunity to spend a night on Table Mountain, one of the New7Wonders of Nature, in comfort and surrounded by jaw-dropping views of the entire peninsula. This cottage is part of the Hoerikwaggo Trail, but you can also rent it separately for a weekend away. You are guaranteed to wake up refreshed; it’s a rare privilege to spend a night at this special place.
Overseers Cottage is self-catering and is a comfortable and stylish, renovated old stone cottage. Comfy couches, a big fireplace, gas-heated hot showers and several rooms with big soft beds, which will relax you after your long hike. Sleeping quarters consist of two, four-sleeper bedrooms and four, two-sleeper bedrooms. The Overseers Cottage can accommodate up to 16 persons.
Things to do
- Enjoy the spectacular view and relax – you can see from the southern suburbs towards Stellenbosch and False Bay, and below the city lights.
- Hiking Table Mountain
- Visit the beautiful Table Mountain reservoirs
- Bring and braai!
Good to know
- The kitchen is fully equipped
- All beds are fitted with fresh linen and towels are provided
- The cottage is self-catering so you will need to bring your own food
- You can arrange to have your bags brought up to the cottage for a fee
- You will need to hike up to the cottage
The cottage costs R2280 per night for six people with an additional charge of R380 for extra adults and R190 for extra children. SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Town region parks in May, June and July.