Now with over 90 strains of weed and The Serenity Room
10 Questions For Paige Mac
The leading lady behind this sensational South African band combines a cappella music with soft-rock in order to create soulful sounds. You can listen to their sweet tunes at the Interplanetary Folk Festival, which will take place at Blah Blah Bar from Monday, 26 September to Sunday, 2 October 2016
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I express my passion for a living. It’s the blessed life.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
The guitar belonged to my brother and I'd borrowed it without permission. The way in which the strings felt under my porky little 9-year-old fingers was a moment I'll never forget. I was horrible at it for sometime but that feeling was the reason I could carry on.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
My grandmothers and my mother. They were the epitome of strength, mildness, love and a ton of mischief and fun to go along with all of it.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I'd sing Sarah McLachlan - ‘In the Arms of an Angel’.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _________________
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
I often get mistaken for Zahara or Zolani from Freshlyground, which obviously, I'm not! I'm Paige Mac!
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It is the most beautiful place, with the best vibe - the only thing I would add is a little audience education ( I rate this applies to the whole of SA). Teaching them how the arts work and why you have to pay for live music, art exhibitions and dance shows etc. We need the people to see the value in the arts.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Fear of having to be a persona of sorts, you'll never get everyone to like you. So be who you are and if they're a part of your journey they'll stick otherwise they won't and that too is OK.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Create something which I could deem perfect.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a one-on-one dance-off and why?
Rudi Smit, I mean, have you seen that dance video to Meghan Trainor’s song?? I would win over the world with my awkwardness.. I can't dance at all.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Vocalist and Songwriter Trenton Birch
10 Questions For Extreme Endurance Athlete Jamie Marais
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, addm.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us onLinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!