Infrared sauna, pool, special art, stunning rooms
10 Questions For: Lychelle Lill
Meet Lychelle Lill, creator of the ‘Go Tinkle’ device which provides an alternative to public restrooms for women and children.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
It is my job to inspire people to live out loud.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
The moment I met my baby brother. I was four and a half years old; he was lying in his incubator. The moment our eyes met was a moment of soul recognition and we’ve had that connection ever since.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Sean Kristafor - That man’s frontal lobes turn me on! We always have the most stimulating conversations and he totally gets me.
2. My best girlfriend Kim - She lives far away and I miss her dearly.
3. Jean Nel from Braai the Beloved Country - For obvious reasons.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Now you are talking about one of my passions - music. Very few people, who know me, know that I sang in Eisteddfod for six years in a row and performed in the South African State Theatre.I would sing Leona Lewis’ ‘Bleeding Love’ for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is a song filled with passion yet it is incredibly sexy. It tells the story of a woman who has had her heart cut open yet she is brave enough to put it all on the line again in the name of love, which I can relate to. Secondly, I have fond memories of singing this song at the top of my lungs while breaking the speed limit on the highway in the USA in my black VW Jetta with windows tinted so dark it was illegal. I would open the windows, have the wind blow through my hair while I would let it all out, Leona Lewis-style! I totally killed that song!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of __________________
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
People’s first perception is that I am a blond ‘poppie’. They don’t realize that I actually have a brain. Because of that they underestimate me. I have a BCom Degree in Economics. I am highly analytical and strategic in my thinking. Not only am I book smart but also I have ‘world’ experience. International travel broadens your horizons, and although I am young I have life experience. Once people get to know me they soon realize that I know what I’m talking about.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Having travelled extensively and lived in some of the best cities around the world, I firmly believe that Cape Town is the BEST city in the world, followed by San Francisco! It is an eclectic mix of natural beauty, culture and creativity. Our climate is Mediterranean and mild in comparison. We have the most beautiful scenery and anything you could possibly want: sea, mountains, copious amounts of wine. What more could you ask for? There is always something to do! Not only is Cape Town the best food city in the world, it is also the coffee capital of the world. We have the best coffee shop in the world (Truth) and has the best mayor in the world with Patricia De Lille in hot pursuit. Cape Town is simply the best!
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
I fear nothing.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I would like to make a fundamental impact that improves the quality of the lives of women around the world. I believe that Go Tinkle will do just that. We have developed a medical device, which we are launching next year that will improve the quality of health care while preserving the dignity for female patients and improve efficiencies in hospitals.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a one-on-one dance-off and why?
I can’t dance to save my life, however if it were a street fight I would take on Siv Ngesi because he fights like a girl.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Entrepreneur Adelaide Potgieter
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Photographer Matthew Miszczak
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, addm.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us onLinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!