Waffles, omelettes, pastries, bacon, cereals and, and…
Easter concert for the whole family
Mango Groove live in Hermanus (all proceeds go to charity)
Last updated: Tuesday, 4 April 2023
Last year was a sell out. Bring your friends. Tell them right now. You want to be there! Spend a spectacular afternoon in Hermanus watching the iconic Mango Groove this Easter weekend. It’s for a good cause, all proceeds go to Yomelelani ECDC in Zwelihle.
Tickets available on Webtickets now. Image: Dutchies
WATCH A SUNSET CONCERT THIS EASTER
South African music legends Mango Groove are performing in Hermanus this Easter Saturday. The 11-piece Afropop band’s music fuses pop and township music. You’ll hear major hits like Special Star and Moments Away, and some of their more recent music.
This is a picnic-style concert, so bring a blanket and a picnic basket. Kids under six get in for free. Note: There are no designated smoking areas and no refunds will be issued. Gates to the concert area open at 3pm.
View this post on Instagram
IT’S SUPPORTING A GOOD CAUSE
All proceeds are in aid of Yomelelani ECDC, the crèche and pre-school in Zwelihle, the local township of Hermanus. Currently 80% of the children enrolled are orphans with guardians, or are from single-parent households or teenage mothers. The school's aim is to create a positive learning environment and to provide essential childcare.
GET TO THE VENUE EASILY
The location is a great one, too. Tucked between mountains and forests, just a 5 minute drive from Hermanus city centre is Curro School. En route you should spot popular neighbours like Hermanuspietersfontein Wines and Hemel-en-Aarde Brewery. There’s outdoor parking available on site.
Note: Easter weekend in Hermanus is peak traffic time, make sure to leave early enough from wherever you’re travelling. Here’s the map location for easy driving.
OUR EASTER HOTLIST FOR HERMANUS
In between all the festivities, it’s worth exploring more of what Hermanus has to offer.
- Carved into the cliffs on the ocean is Ficks Restaurant – a cocktail mecca and sundowner haven (plus, you can swim in the tidal pool)
- Sit under the colourful umbrellas at Dutchies, Ficks’ sister restaurant, which is on one of Hermanus’s most popular (and largest) beaches
- Just 10 minutes from Hermanus, you’ll find a charming small town. Have the most epic beach day at Milk on the Beach, overlooking a kid-friendly lagoon.
- You’ll find a treasure trove of inventive dishes and Masterchef-level desserts at Pear Tree Bistro, located in the middle of town square.
- Or book a bucket list experience at Char’d Grill, a steampunk steakhouse with a meat appreciation platter, pork belly mac n cheese or caveman ribs.
Ficks Restaurant is an outdoor eatery set by a tidal pool. Image: Ficks
GET ALL THE DETAILS
Mango Groove live is on: Saturday, 8 April. Gates open at 3pm, concert starts at 5pm
Find it: Curro Road, Sandbaai, Hermanus (see map above)
Book: Get your tickets via Webtickets
Contact them on: 028 314 1392, @mangogrooveofficial
By Lara van Zyl
DISCOVER MORE THIS EASTER
10+ things to do this Easter weekend.
Treat the kids to an Easter egg hunt.
Watch a world-renowned orchestra.
Discover 7+ things to do this weekend.