Whip up a 5-course gourmet meal along with the Grub & Vine chef
10 Questions For: Zena Wood
After attending the Waterfront Theatre School, this talented Cape Town-born producer furthered her studies at the New York Film Academy in the US, where she currently resides. Some of her works include directing Samuel Beckett’s ‘Happy Days’ for the 2014 Cape Town Fringe Festival.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I’m a producer. So I get a team together for the film or TV project, I plan and coordinate all aspects of the shoot from pre-production to post-production, and facilitate the production on all levels.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Playing in the trees with my best friend, Alexy! We loved climbing trees!
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1.Amy Poehler – She is such an inspiration to me in my work and life. I’d love to have a chat with her.
2.Trevor Noah – Because we’re both in New York and it’s fun to see South Africans over here and compare notes!
3.Plato – I’m a big philosophy fan of his. And hopefully he enjoys comedy because of my other two guests... there will be lots of wine at this dinner!
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Probably a dance music track that I’ll slow down and make acoustic. Or something from the 80’’s - my favourite decade.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _____________
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
I think people think I’m always feeling very strong. Some days I’d very much like to crawl under a blanket and stay there for a bit, or maybe a few days...
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It’s one of the most beautiful places on earth! Cape Town is my stunning home and it needs better train services!
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
It’s overcoming the every day that’s the biggest obstacle. You must wake up every day and recheck your thoughts, reroute your energy. It takes dedication to eradicate doubt everyday.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I want to produce and direct a film that creates positive change in society.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a one-on-one dance-off and why?
Pascal Pienaar. We’re friends so I’ll be able to be sneaky and learn her weak spots. I’ll let her beat me in the second round just to make it fair.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town DJ, Artist and Presenter Das Kapital
10 Questions For Cape Town-born Entertainment Journalist Nicky Greenwall
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, addm.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us onLinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City