Epic foodie experiences from coffee to dinner Monday to Saturday at the African Relish ...
10 Questions For: Tashna B
Cape Town hip-hop vocalist Natasha Olckers, otherwise known as ‘Tashna B’, caught the attention of Heart FM with her song titled ‘No More Running’. Born and raised in Atlantis, Western Cape, this up-and-coming female songstress has worked with other local talented musicians such as Jody Williams and Emo Adams and is set to win South Africans hearts.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I’m what you call the modern pop and RnB artist. I sing and dance for a living.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I vividly remember when I was chosen to sing in the children’s choir at our church. I was only eight-years-old.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. My Mother: she is the one person that has always supported me from day one.
2. Celine Dion: she has been my inspiration since I was young.
3. Nelson Mandela: due to his major impact on South Africa and its people’s lives.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I would sing Celine Dion’s ‘Because you love me’. It’s my favorite song.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of ________________________.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I don’t like to interact very much – but I love meeting new people!
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Cape Town is the most beautiful city.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
I’ve had to overcome standing in front of thousands of people and singing. Originally, I couldn’t do that.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I’d like to record a song with one of my favourite artists.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
South African actor, Theodore Jantjies – I believe a man is not supposed to hit a woman.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-know and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Artist Che-V
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Make-up Artist Megan Wylie
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City.