Celebrate Easter from the safety of your home
10 Questions For: Che-V
Che-V is an up-and-coming female rap artist, born and raised in Atlantis, Western Cape. In 2015, she won Die Burger Suidoostefess rap category and her music is currently play listed on Heart FM and on GoodHope FM.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I am a female rap artist; I express myself by speaking in rhymes to beats.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
My first day of school. I am allergic to dogs and had a bad allergic reaction so I attended my first day with a very big band aid around my leg.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Trevor Noah – we will need some humour,
2. Michael Jackson- he is the king, and
3. Nicki Minaj – it is my dream to be where she is and the knowledge I could gain from her would only be beneficial.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
My own song, ‘I Am Woman’ because of the message it has.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _________________
Smiles – because smiling is contagious and can instantly brighten someone’s day
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am ‘stuck up’ – some say I look intimidating and that they don’t feel comfortable to just walk up and start a conversation with me.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I love Cape Town and it is the best place to have grown up in, but now that I am growing in my music career it is tough as Cape Town is not as advanced in the music industry as Johannesburg is.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Freestyling, until I realised that every song I write is a freestyle at one point.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Success, both nationally and internationally.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
GoodHope FM DJ Carl Wastie – because I am taller than him.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Genderqueer Rap Artist Dope Saint Jude
10 Questions For Make-up Artist Megan Wylie
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!