Whip up a 5-course gourmet meal along with the Grub & Vine chef
10 Questions For: Mishka Patel
Ambitious Cape Town-based TV presenter, model and business maven Mishka Patel is one inspiring woman. In addition to being one of the top 12 finalists in the 2014 Miss South Africa Pageant, Mishka has also started her own business called Mishka Patel Success Classes.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
A dream come true. After years of hard work and a lot of ups and downs, I can finally say that hard work pays off.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Breaking my arm. I was a rough, wild child! I did everything extreme, so my brother and I used to give my parents a lot of stress! He broke my arm once and I broke his twice! Yes, I told you, insane.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Oprah - Her name speaks for itself.
2. Trevor Noah - I’d love to pick his brain and be in the company of such a successful South African comedian.
3. My mother - I’d love to have dinner with her one more time. I lost her 11 months ago.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘Run’ by Leona Lewis. She has such a powerful voice and the song is actually very meaningful to me. I’m not saying it’s going to sound anything close to the original song, but hey, I can try.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of ________________
Entertainment. To get people to relax more and stress less!
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am a ‘poppie’, which I am NOT. There’s much more to me than being on TV and doing modelling.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
We live in such a gorgeous place, people need to appreciate the beauty and diverse cultures more.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Heights! Haha, honestly, I had to overcome many fears, but the greatest one has to be my fear of heights when I went skydiving for an insert on Pasella.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
To make a change. To make my Mishka Patel Success Classes a solid business, and help young girls - not only in Stellenbosch but all over South Africa.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Without a doubt?? No-one. I am strong yes, but I am a terrible fighter!
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town-based TV Presenter Tammy B Awesome
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Private Chef Neill Anthony
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, addm.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us onLinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City