Plus see Bonaparte’s cut-glass crystal goblets and taste the modern version of his ...
10 Questions For: Jimmy Nevis
This young alternative pop singer/songwriter and producer has won the hearts of many with his debut single ‘Elephant Shoes’ and now returns with his latest album offering, “The Masses”
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I change people's lives through music and song.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Walking to the shop with my sister when we were younger. we'd always buy the same thing, which was chicken biltong and a small Dairy Milk chocolate.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Jay Z, Nelson Mandela, Freddie Mercury - I'd love to pick their brains. They were all leaders in their own right and i think i could learn so much from them. I also look up to these people.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘You Give Me Something’ by James Morrison - I've always used that song as an audition and I've always passed with it - it's a great song.
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of __FROZEN YOGURT__. Everybody needs frozen yogurt.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I'm super chilled all the time. There's a lot of work and grind that is continuously happening behind the scenes.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It's the most beautiful place in the world...not only for its natural beauty but its people.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
The fear of what others think of me....in this industry, ain’t nobody got time for that.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
15 Grammy awards.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Carl Wastie - should be interesting.
Jimmy Nevis serves as an inspiration for The Voice South Africa's latest winner, Craig Lucas, read more in Craig's 10 Questions.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Music Blogger Tecla Ciolfi
10 Questions For Performer Grant Almirall
Don't forget to check out our Jukebox section!
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!