Dine, drink cocktails while top local muzos jam at this moody new bar
10 Questions For: Grant Almirall
Many will recognise actor Grant Almirall from his stellar performance as Don Lockwood in Pieter Toerien’s 2015-2016 rendition of Singin’ in the Rain at the Artscape in Cape Town. Since his debut performance in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats over a decade ago, Grant has starred in various other well-known stage productions including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, We Will Rock You, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar and Jersey Boys to name a few.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
It doesn't feel like a job as much as just having fun! Most of the time.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
ThunderCats! They were awesome!
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Glen Keane. He is the head animator of Aladdin in Aladdin and Ariel in The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, and the beast in Beauty and the Beast. I've always loved drawing and his characters had such a huge impact on my life.
2. Ellen DeGeneres because I think she is the nicest human being on the planet.
3. Celine Dion because that would be a hoot!
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Nick Jonas's song Levels. It makes me want to dance!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a minister of...
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
People often tell me that I'm mysterious and that no-one knows what I'm thinking. I guess the biggest misconception is that I'm not thinking anything of any great importance!
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I absolutely love Cape Town and every time I'm here I ask myself why I don't stay here.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Fear of embarrassing myself in public.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I'd like to learn to surf.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight
Evita Bezuidenhout. Because, like my street fighting skills, she is fictional!
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Photographer and Journalist Yann Macherez
10 Questions For Filmaker Jolynn Minnaar
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!