A resort holiday with special experiences for less than ever
10 Questions For: Jenny Morris
This well-known Cape Town-based celebrity chef and TV personality certainly knows her way around the kitchen. She has several cookbooks under her belt, her own cooking show – she was the first South African to host her own show on the international Food Network channel – and a chef school. Not to mention, she is also the owner of Yumcious restaurant in Green Point. Jenny Morris is a culinary force to be reckoned with.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
A labour of love, it doesn’t feel like work. I’m passionate about my work, so every day is a pleasure. I look forward to every day.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
One of my most vivid childhood memories is my parents’ most beautiful vegetable garden; it had everything the seasons had to offer.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Hugh Laurie [English actor and the lead role in the hit series House]
2. Rick Stein [English celebrity chef, restaurateur and television presenter]
3. My mother-in-law
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘All About That Bass’, the Postmodern Jukebox version. It gives me goosebumps and makes my heart race!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of ____________________________.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
Because I have a big mouth everyone thinks I’m a party animal. I am fun to be with, but I love spending time with my family.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but it could do with a bit of a clean-up, especially Buitengracht Street. That is what the visitors see when they drive up to Table Mountain.
Yumcious Restaurant’s KiloTable
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
The fact that I never studied at a culinary school.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
To stop people being cruel to animals. I want the government to see animals as living beings that need our protection and I want people prosecuted for cruelty to animals. Our government needs to respect all living beings and keep them safe!
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Hahahaha! Marc Lottering because I would pull his hair. Hahahahahaha, love you sweet Marc! .
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Head Chef at La Colombe restaurant at Silvermist Wine Estate Scot Kirton
Need some cooking tips for dining solo? Don't fear! Jenny Morris, Nicolas Charalambous and Siba Mtongana are here to help.
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City