Celebrate Easter from the safety of your home
10 Questions For: Freddy Djanabia
Freddy Djanabia is an actor, model and personal trainer based in Cape Town. He does what makes him happy and celebrates life.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I am a proudly african man, actor, model, personal trainer and life coach. What I do allows me to live what’s in me, to be happy, to make others happy and to be aware of their true potential.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
A whole month family holiday in our village, in the East of Cameroon. It was 1988 and I still remember that we were about 30 people. We had such a great time between seeing different animals, enjoying the nature, breathing the fresh air, eating fresh traditional food, fruits… etc.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
- God, to celebrate Life
- My late father, so we can sort all our differences out and make peace forever
- Les Brown, my favourite motivational speaker. This man changed my life with his powerful words
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
“I Believe I can fly” from R Kelly, because I can almost sing it the way R Kelly did it in the record. It’s a game winner for me, hahahah
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _________?
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
The fact that I embrace every culture, that I adapt to any environment and most importantly that I make so many friends from different continents sometimes makes my fellow childhood friend, I grew up with, think that I lost my African identity, that I live more of a western culture. They sometimes don’t understand that we are free beings, children of the world so we must embrace the world.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Those who named Cape Town the Mother City were so right about it. It’s a beautiful cosmopolitan city blessed with an amazing set of breath-taking landscapes; oceans, mountains etc.
Everything flows almost to perfection. It’s a city of big challenges in which locals and foreigners are battling to find a common ground due to the history of this great country.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Not being able to stretch myself, to have faith, to get out of my comfort zone, to see things from bigger perspectives while my heart was kept telling me that I’m more than what I think I am but this stubborn mind of mine was writing a different story .
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Make this world a better place, I mean by that a world of LOVE
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
I don’t think of anyone, plus gentlemen don’t physically fight.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Actress, Model and Dancer Sibongile Mlambo
10 Questions For Singer and Songwriter Lucy Kruger
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!