Great films, fabulous scenery, delicious food and cosy seats – look forward to a night ...
10 Questions For: Sibongile Mlambo
Sibongile is an actress, model and dancer based in Cape Town. She plays the role of Eme in the Michael Bay produced Black Sails.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I tell people's stories, entertain and sell products!
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
We lived in a house with a big yard and once our dog had about 10 puppies at the same time! I remember coming home from school and they'd chase my brother and I from the gate. It was magical - they were so cute and fun to play with!
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
My twin brother because he's so far away, he lives about a 24-hour flight away from me and he is my favourite person in the entire world. We shared a womb!
Samuel L Jackson, he is an INCREDIBLE actor and I know my twin would benefit a lot from meeting him as well.
Brenda Fassie, just to feel her fire!
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I can't sing, so I'd rap Biggie Smalls’s -’Juicy’ it speaks to the ‘gangsta’ in me!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _______? Integration.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am being chased after by a prominent sponsor (I’m not)!
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I love this city! It's beautiful and so many of my dreams have come true here! Like any other city it comes with the good and the bad. I wish it wasn't as segregated as it is, a lot needs to be done to lessen the gap between rich and poor and there has to be a better way to deal with the drug situation and mental health patients.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Oh, there have been so many and I'm still working on some! A big one is a fear of failure. I've learned that what people call mistakes are simply great discoveries!
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Travel more and see the rest of Africa. I've never been to South America or the East, there's just so much of the world to see!
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Tumi from Tumi and the Volume, I'm sure he'd be slow in a fight and I could take him out with my ninja moves!
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Actress Amy Louise Wilson
10 Questions For Adventurer and Author Davey du Plessis
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!