Snapped is a companion piece to the hugely successful, "I turned away and she was gone"
10 Questions For: Arthur Mataruse
The Zimbabwean-born film producer and award-nominated stylist that is making waves in the industry with his forward-thinking vision
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I make ideas into reality. I convert concepts that my colleagues, peers and I have into consumable reality.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Performing a traditional dance on stage in primary school for the first time as part of a Children's Performing Arts Workshop.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Robert Mugabe - I grew up idolising him and now I need answers to a lot of questions
2. Kanye West - I find him the most intriguing person in entertainment
3. Princess Diana - We share the same birthday
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Tracy Chapman's Baby Can I Hold You - That's the best song I could execute when I went for vocal training.
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of…
Home Affairs, oh, there is one...
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I'm anti-social - I'm just kind of shy outside my peer group.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It's beautiful aesthetically, complicated socially and very moody- its inhabitants and the climate.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
The fear of being broke.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Have a tea and herb farm incorporating a vibrant eco-conscious community consisting of skilled professionals that focus on developing consumable products that are friendly with the cycle of life.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
I can't fathom a street fight. Violence ain't my thing, but I can side- eye better than Desmond Tutu.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Trinket Spotter Blogger Dale Scogings
10 Questions For Music Blogger Tecla Ciolfi
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!