Travel, eat, drink with friends in a vibey kombi, driver included (20% off price)
Eland & Duiker family cottages in Cape Point
Sleep 'in the middle of nowhere'
Situated in the beautiful Cape of Good Hope national reserve, this is ideal for a weekend away and family holidays. The Eland and Duiker self-catering cottages are for those who want to get out of the city and spend some time in nature. That’s what Cape Point is all about: relaxing, views and good times. Bring a book, binoculars, your hiking boots and you‘ll have a grand time chilling and hiking through unspoilt fynbos.
The Duiker cottage sleeps six people with one master bedroom and two additional bedrooms, each furnished with two three-quarter beds. There is an open-plan kitchen and a comfy lounge area with a Jetmaster fireplace. Duiker cottage has its own boma and braai area. Eland cottage sleeps six people with one master bedroom and two additional bedrooms, each furnished with two three-quarter beds. There is an open-plan kitchen, a lounge area and an enclosed patio also with a Jetmaster fireplace. Both cottages are fully equipped for self-catering.
Things to do
- Go hiking – read our article ‘Between two shores‘ for hiking routes
- Go on a game drive, you may see baboons, bucks, tortoises, ostriches, whales and more
- Bird watching
- Enjoy a picnic
- Visit the fabulous beaches and go swimming, surfing, body-boarding, or even diving
- Have a braai
- Just relax, enjoy the view and that feeling of being in the 'middle of nowhere'
Good to know
- Keep the doors closed, this is a baboon hot spot
- Both cottages have electricity, and and offer fully-equipped kitchens. Linen is provided.
- Bring your braai wood
The houses cost R805 per night for up to six people each with an additional fee of R172 for extra adults and R86 for extra children. This doesn't inlcude the Cape Point conservation fees. SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Town region parks in May, June and July.