Apple picking in summer and winter stay special
Appropriate wine for the appropriate time
In our videos, chef Rudi Liebenberg and sommelier Carl Habel discuss what goes with what
Food and wine pairing are as exciting as finding a romantic partner. You’ll be surprised what fits. Enjoy our entertaining food and wine pairing videos with the chef Rudi Liebenberg and sommelier Carl Habel from the Planet Restaurant in the Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town.
Video 1: chef Rudi Liebenberg introduces the food he is about to pair with sommelier Carl Habel
Video 2: dish 1 - vegan
Vegetable compilation: mushroom terrine, mushroom roulade, mushroom samoosa, quinoa, stuffed courgette, cauliflower puree
Video 3: dish 2 - seafood
butter poached crayfish, butternut puree, prawn and white mussel sausage, samphire tomato salad, crayfish butter sauce
Video 4: dish 3 – duck - and Rudi’s advice on cooking with wine
braised duck confit tortellini, fresh tomato basil sauce
· Genevieve Blanc De Blanc Brut 2009
· Neil Ellis Sauvignon Blanc 2010
· Paul Cluver Gewürztraminer 2009
· Chamonix Sauvignon Blanc Reserve 2008
· Kanonkop Kadette Pinotage Rose 2010
· Waterkloof Circle of Life 2009
· Bouchard Finlayson Kaaimansgat Chardonnay 2009
· Saronsberg Viognier 2009
· Moreson Premium Chardonnay 2009
· Terra Del Capo Sangiovese 2008
· Crystallum Pinot Noir 2009
(Excuse the sound, it was recorded on a very rainy Cape Town day.)
by Antonia Heil and Desmond Louw
Did you know that chef Rudi Liebenberg is known as the tomato king?
Visit Rudi and Carl at the Planet Restaurant and ask them for more pairings.
For your monthly update on what’s happening in and around Cape Town, be sure to subscribe to our popular newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.