From R200 vouchers and free upgrades, drive away with more value adds
Never Worry About Your Fur Baby Getting Lost Again
Microchip your pet for only R150 and have lifetime peace of mind
Ensure your family pet’s safety by bringing your dogs, cats and any other pets for microchipping at Leadville Dog Park in Sunningdale on Saturday 22 June 2019.
Microchipping is a reliable and robust form of pet-identification to help reunite pet-parents with their fur babies if they are separated.
WHY MICROCHIP YOUR PET?
Allan Perrins from the Animal Welfare Society of South Africa says: “Over 95% of all the stray animals admitted into our care lack any sort of identification. This complicates tracing their owners and places strain on our already stressed resources.” According to the City of Cape Town’s Bylaws, all healthy stray companion animals must only be kept for a minimum of 10 days and all healthy stray livestock and horses for a minimum of 30 days.
“Microchipping your pet will avoid the possible trauma of an animal being processed through an animal welfare organisation. The cost of a microchip is almost inconsequential and guaranteed to last the pet’s lifetime.”
- A microchip contains a unique number linked to the owner’s contact details in the 24-hour Identipet National Animal Database, the largest animal database in Africa
- Microchips are read by means of a hand-held scanner, which most veterinary practices and Animal Welfare organisations have
- Identipet has an app (Android and IOS-compatible) that immediately notifies owners when their lost pet is scanned
- If a pet has a microchip, you can be reunited through a telephone call
- Microchipping will cost R150 per pet at the event.
HOW MICROCHIPS WORK
Identipet microchips are used at this event because, according to the Animal Welfare Society of South Africa, they offer quality, reliability and exceptional customer support.
- Microchips can be implanted into all animals, even fish and birds
- The microchip is 12mm long and 3mm wide; slightly larger than a grain of rice
- The implant procedure takes seconds, is relatively painless and lasts a pet’s lifetime
- Microchips are implanted by means of subcutaneous injection in the scruff of your pet’s neck
- There is no need for an anaesthetic
- Microchips are 100% tamper-proof and will not migrate around the body of the pet
ABOUT THE VENUE
Leadville is a dog walking park in Sunningdale with several pet-friendly businesses nearby. Leads Dog Grooming and Just Dogs Behaviourist and Planet Woooof Pet Store will be giving away free treats to every animal microchipped on the day. There’s free parking at Leadville Park and you can grab coffee at Reload Expresso Bar.
ATTENDING THE PET MICROCHIPPING AT LEADVILLE DOG PARK EVENT
For more information, contact the organisers directly on +27 (0)82 556 0434 or firstname.lastname@example.org and for updates, please check out the Facebook event page. If you can’t make it to this event, the next pet microchipping event will be at Atlantic Beach Golf Estate on Saturday 13 July. Alternatively, you can get your pet microchipped at veterinary practices or for R150 per pet at most Animal Welfare branches which are open year-round. Contact +27 (0) 21 692 2626 or email@example.com for bookings.
Inspector Angie Stanbridge, nursing assistant Jaque le Roux and Allan Perrins from the Animal Welfare Society of SA will be in attendance at the event, along with Angela O’Neale from Identipet. Lucky draw prizes and a few surprises will be available at the event courtesy of sponsors Team Sutherland (Tyson Properties) and Miltons Matsemela conveyancers.
Watermarked images by pet photographer, Madeleine Poolman
Supercharge your event? Our Events Support Programme gets results. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 (0)21 422 2444.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of what’s happening in the city, ‘burbs and dorpies. Join our newsletter and get quick access on the go by adding us to your mobile home screen for the ultimate guide to discoveries in Cape Town.
Follow and like us on Twitter ❤ Facebook ❤ LinkedIn ❤ Instagram ❤ Pinterest for updates.