Tuesdays are ribs days (and nights) at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore
Competition Terms & Conditions
All terms and conditions are set to make this a fantastic competition for Cape Town
I. General terms & conditions
- 'The promoters' refers to the sponsors of the weekly prize and/or Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd.
- Information on how to enter and prizes to be won form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- Competitions will be run from Wednesday until Monday unless specified otherwise.
II. Entry mechanics
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over to enter and can only enter in their own name and surname, using their own email address via the competition link found on our social media platforms or site.
- Entrants must reside in Cape Town.
- The promoters reserve the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoters. The promoters reserve the right to validate and check the authenticity of any prize claim or entry before awarding a prize.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Entry into the competition is free and no purchase is necessary.
- Entrants are liable for their costs to access telephone, mobile or computer networks.
- To be eligible to win the prize the entrant must be a subscriber of CapeTownMagazine.com’s weekly newsletter.
- The final winner will be drawn from the people who have entered the campaign on the dates specified in the Competition, unless specified otherwise and referred the most people entering the campaign.
- Employees, ex-employees (and their families) of the promoters are excluded from entry.
- Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the promoter’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by the promoters in its sole discretion. The promoters reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The personal details supplied by entrants will be used for the purpose of the competition and may be used once to contact entrants upon the closure of the Competition.
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly emails will have an unsubscribe link, and subscribers may unsubscribe to exit the competition at any time without any penalty.
III. Prize mechanics
- Prize winners are drawn by CapeTownMagazine.com and prize winners are final
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants must enter by the published closing date for the weekly competition. Entries received after this time will be disqualified.
- The promoters may, at its discretion, extend the closing date without prior notice.
- The winner(s) need(s) to have a South African ID, or live in Cape Town to collect the prize,
- If the winner(s) of the prize does not claim the prize within 30 working days or does not pick up the prize within 30 days after claiming the promoters may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to pick up or take up a prize for any reason the promoters reserve the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- Prizes need to be picked up at CapeTownMagazine.com offices at 210 On Long Creative Suites, 210 Long Street Cape Town – +27 (0)21 422 2444.
- Failure to meet the eligibility requirements or these terms and conditions may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- No late entries for the prize will be considered.
- Following notification, details will be sent to each winner outlining the process for collecting and redeeming their prize.
- The decision of the promoters regarding the Competition winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the choice of the winners and/or the awarding of the prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable and/or negotiable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- The names of the winners may be published on social networking pages and websites operated by the promoters.
- The promoters may require the winners (at no fee) to be identified and to have their photographs taken and published in the media; however, a winner has the right to decline to participate in such marketing initiatives.
- Entrants agree that these conditions are reasonable to ensure the integrity of the Competition and its fairness to all other entrants.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel expenses, travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a printing or typing error (obvious or otherwise) which affects the competition in any way, the promoters reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred having informed the entrants, through the original media, of the original text.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of any transgressing entrant.
- Neither the promoters, nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accepts any liability for any:
- Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the Competition and the awarding of the prizes.
- Injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the Competition.
V. Validity and redemption of the prizes
- Prize has a validity stated in the Ts&Cs competition copy each week.
- Each prize has its own protocol or making a reservation, pending availability, a number of days notice etc. As stated in any communication form done between the promoters and winner.
- Loss of voucher means loss of prize.
- Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd does not take any responsibility for non performance of the company donating the prize.
- Winner(s) of the prize need to claim the prize and may not pass the prize along to a friend, family member or colleague, unless Cape Town Magazine (PTY) Ltd gives the right to do so.
VI. Competition at large
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoters, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The winner(s) hereby assign to the promoters all rights, title and interest in and to all copyright, in any material created pursuant to the winner's participation in any aspect of the prize including the winner's image. The winner(s) acknowledge that the promoters are free to use such image and to exercise their rights in relation thereto (including advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world) and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.