Plus 9 activities also at half-price: bodyboard the Olifants, hike, see rock paintings ...
10 Questions For: Wandile Mbambeni
Meet up-and-coming Cape Town artist, producer and songwriter Wandile Mbambeni. This talented individual is passionate about singing, and to attest that is his ‘Lovers like You’ music video on SoundCloud and Youtube. The rising star has performed to our national audience live on the Expresso Morning Show and on The SA Artist Spotlight.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I do what I love for a living, which is making music and making people happy by doing that.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Sport - I loved playing sports with my brothers from the early hours of the morning until the sun set.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Bob Marley - To ask him a few questions, such as what it is that truly drove him every morning.
Brenda Fassie - For kind of the same reason; to find out what her drive was in the South African music industry.
My Grandfather - To ask him what my Dad was like growing up, he would tell it best.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘Lovers Like You’ by Wandile Mbambeni, I can only really express my true self with the songs I write.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _____________
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
My dreadlocks, haha, you know all the stereotypes.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Shout out to the women in Cape Town, they are so beautiful. The scenery and quality of life in Cape Town is unreal.
8. What’s the greatest fear you’ve had to overcome to get where you are today?
Quitting provincial competitive rugby and telling my parents that music is my thing now. It was awkward
9. What’s the one thing you’d like to achieve before you die?
To be number one on the Billboard charts.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a fist fight and why?
Nasty C, because he would beat me with his bars, but I'd use a bit of my rugby tricks to get him down. He also is younger, haha.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town Performer Sne Dladla
10 Questions For Rap Artist Dope Saint Jude
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!