You can still live a little with many events and things to do without leaving home
10 Questions For: Suzelle DIY
The authority on everything from ‘how to change a plug’ to ‘how to peel a lot of potatoes’, this Somerset West-based meisie quickly became a YouTube sensation thanks to her quirky online DIY video series
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I have a DIY web series on YouTube. I give people tips and tricks to make their lives a little bit easier and more creative.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
The day I met my best friend Marianne in the line at the tuck shop. She got a hot dog and I got a packet of Nik Naks.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Charlize Theron, because she is a real inspiration. Jamie Oliver, because he is just so adorable, and finally Marianne, because she would also like to meet Charlize. Shame.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I would sing ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ by Bonnie Tyler. Because, why? I always sing that song in my car.
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of __________.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
The biggest misconception is actually about Marianne, not me. It’s that she doesn't speak. But actually she is a real chatterbox. She's just shy in front of the camera.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I love absolutely everything about Cape Town, only I don't really like wind or seagulls.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Taking a risk and doing my own thing always felt very scary to me, but now I've realised that it is possible to make a living from doing what you love. It's all about trusting your inner creative voice.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I'd like to get 1 million subscribers on my YouTube channel or I'd like to visit Australia and see a kangaroo.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Justin Bonello (local chef and braai master).
A FEW OF OUR FAVOURITE SUZELLE DIY VIDEOS:
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Stormers and Western Province Rugby Player Siya Kolisi
10 Questions For South African Star Chris Chameleon
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!