And it’s free at the A4 Arts Foundation
10 Questions For: Nigel Pierce
Good Hope FM presenter of the Nigel Pierce Show, this well-known Cape Town radio personality is a bit of a fitness freak, has a deep love for travelling and is an avid sports-fanatic in his spare time.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I fell in love with this medium from a very early age and I still get a thrill being on air. It’s better than making love. Is it? No. I’m lying. It’s very close though.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I remember rattling off the nine times table to senior learners when I was a junior. Rote learning was my speciality!
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Roy Keane – Love this Irishman. I love his aggression and passion.
Bono – I love U2. Their song ‘The Fly’ is one of my faves.
Sir Alex [Ferguson] – The man is a football genius.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
American heavy metal band Pantera - f*cking hostile. Listen to the end.
5. How would you complete this sentence? "The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _________________."
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
Arrogant, racist, sexist, homophobic, aloof, pretentious (and that’s just my mother). I’m not too sure what the listeners think.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Cape Town is a beautiful, expensive city but we’re not the only beautiful city in the world. We need to be competitive ALL the time.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I’d like to live in Bantry Bay!
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
South African entertainer, Nataniel because I’ve seen his sausage.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-know and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Entertainment Journalist and Television Producer Nicky Greenwall
10 Questions For GoodHope FM Radio Presenter Khanya Siyengo
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!