Tis the season for carols...
10 Questions For: Liezel van der Westhuizen
This proudly Capetonian actress, model and presenter believes that the key to success lies in commitment, passion and action. By adhering to this motto, Liezel has been voted the SADC Regional Winner for Africa’s Most Influential Woman in Business and Government for Media
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I am presenter, model and vlogger.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I remember my father teaching me to ride a bicycle.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
It would be an all women business affair. I'd invite proudly Capetonian female entrepreneurs and business owners. I’d learn so much from these amazing and inspirational women on how to to run a successful business so they would have to be:
1. Charley’s Bakery co-owner, Jacqueline Biess.
2. Co-founder of Inner Secrets Lingerie, Penny Parolis.
3. Founder of Nebula Designs, Zarina Ebrahim.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I would sing ‘Lose yourself’ by Eminem. This is a song I always remember when I'm running races and I always end up singing it to myself in the shower.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _______________
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
People don't believe that I'm a homebody.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
As Capetonians we often underappreciate the beauty that surrounds our city. We often forget to experience the city and do the touristy things.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
At high school I had a fear of public speaking and went to Toastmasters (communications programme) to overcome this fear.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I'd love to tackle a crazy sporting challenge (I’m still looking for suggestions!).
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a one-on-one dance-off and why?
I have to two left feet and cannot dance so I don't think I'd win this one. I would like to see if I could beat Derek Watts.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Presenter Leigh-Ann Williams
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!