And it’s free at the A4 Arts Foundation
10 Questions For: Leigh-Anne Williams
Good Hope FM radio presenter, Expresso Morning Show host, actress and model, Leigh-Anne Williams does it all and is fast becoming a rising star in the South African entertainment industry. She was even runner-up of SABC3’s Strictly Come Dancing South Africa Season 8.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I would describe my job as the adventure of a lifetime! I never thought in a million years that I would be able to live my dream of working on a national platform and getting to infotainment people for a living, whilst travelling to some of the most exotic destinations in the world and getting a chance to tick off all those adventures I've always wanted to have off my bucket list.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
My most vivid childhood memory would have to be growing up in Hillbrow with my mom and brother. Those were tough times, but some of the best as my mom made growing up fun. She gave her absolute best to see my brother and I have a good life.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
I would invite Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Idris Elba [British actor, musician and DJ. He is well-known for his role in the HBO series The Wire. He also acted in the series Luther and in the 2013 film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom] and basketball legend Michael B Jordan...that's four, but it's my party. LOL.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
LOL...WOW! I would sing ‘A Woman's Worth’ by Alicia Keys. I tried it once in the bathroom and it sounded pretty good…
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _____________________________.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
I don't really think there are any. During the Strictly Come Dancing competition a few people said I was arrogant but then again when you are good at something as a woman people tend to take it negatively.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I ABSOLUTELY love Cape Town. I think we hit the jackpot here. We really do have one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
I've had to overcome quite a few. Fear of failing, fear of rejection and a fear of people perceiving me to be something I'm not.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I would like to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, marry Idris Elba and have two summers in one year!
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
LOL... AKA! Because he's skinny and I know I can take him in a fight.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Expresso Presenter Katlego Maboe
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Singer-songwriter Jeremy Olivier
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!