You can learn about anything from dinosaur hunting to the Fourth Industrial Revolution
10 Questions For: Laurence Esteve
As the co-founder and CEO of the Zip-Zap Circus School, this phenomenal woman strives to use her passion to inspire South Africans. Not only was she awarded the Knight of the National Order of Merit by the French President in 2012, but in 2017 she will also join the judging panel at the Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demai in Paris.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I don't make a living, I follow a passion.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Holidays with my family - walks in the forests, the mountains or along the coast that would take the entire day.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. My brother – I would tell him that life is worth living.
2. Robin Williams – I’d ask him to describe his encounter with dolphins.
3. Nelson Mandela – I’d ask him how he managed to forgive.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I would sing ‘Hotel California’ by Eagles. It’s the only song I know!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of ___________.
Circus Arts, of course!
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I’m not fun.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
Lovely to fly over, lovely to look at, lovely touristic records but badly built, not socially integrated enough (yet), not enough green spaces, and way, way too expensive.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I’d like to do something no-one expects me to do.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
No-one. I'm not a fighter.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-know and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town Culinary Legend Jason Steel
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Actress Carishma Basday
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!