3 ways to do it at Oasis: shop, donate or take your recycling there
10 Questions For: Josie Gailey
This Cape Town-based artist expresses her creativity through her Youtube channel. Her talent is also showcased through her exceptional photography.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I currently work at an advertising agency as an intern to the art director. When I’m not in the office I’ll be out and about doing freelance photography and videography. I also make Youtube videos so that keeps me pretty busy.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
When I was about seven or eight years old, I went on holiday with a bunch of family and friends to a place called Mazeppa in the Transkei. We had this huge tree in our backyard and it looked exactly like the tree in Harry Potter. All of us kids spent the entire day running around with wands[sticks] in our hands casting spells on each other. Happy Potter was clearly a huge part of my childhood.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. Vincent van Gogh - I think someone so bizarre and interesting would bring great entertainment to the table. It’s also apparent that he could see turbulent flow and it reflected in his paintings. I’d love to ask him about it.
2. Amanda Steele - I am so inspired by her ability to be so confident at such a young age. The success she has gained at such a young age is incredible. I would love to hear about her journey through Youtube and now into the fashion industry. I’d also like to meet her because I’ve been a fan since the beginning of her internet career.
3. Zac Efron - Because.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘Hey Ya’ by OutKast. It is my favourite song of all time and you can’t sing it without everyone else joining in.
People think I’m really tall, like super model tall. But I’m only 5ft and I look like a 12-year-old in person. When I went to vote they questioned my age. It’s that bad! Hahaha.
I used to be incredibly shy growing up. One day I just decided to be friendly and ever since, I’ve never looked back. If I didn’t put myself out there, I wouldn’t be in the position that I am today.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a one-on-one dance-off and why?
Anyone and everyone. My ability to do the Sprinkler is unbeatable.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Cape Town-based Producer Kyle Petersen
10 Questions For Cape Town-born Blogger Aisha Baker
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, addm.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us onLinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!