Tis the season for carols...
10 Questions For: Aisha Baker
You might recognise this pretty face from Glamour Magazine, where Aisha Baker was one of the 2016 winners for Most Glamourous. Her blog ‘Baked The Blog’, which she started as her personal escape whilst studying at university, has rapidly become a top ranking one-stop spot for everything from the latest fashion looks to make-up tutorials. Aisha recently travelled to Los Angeles for the 2016 Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards, where she was nominated in the category of Favourite African Blogger.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I am a digital marketer and social influencer - working online to inspire a lifestyle and promote brands I love.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Watching my grandmother sew beautiful bridal and other bespoke designer garments for her clients and being able to try on and wear her creations as a flower girl or just as her personal model.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Michael Jackson - I truly believe he was misunderstood as a person and I would love to find out what he was really like.
Maya Angelou - I feel like she could give me the wisdom I need to pursue my dreams as a woman with ambition.
Malala Yousafzai - She is truly inspirational, I would love to hear about her courageous nature in an intimate setting.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Whitney Houston’s ‘Dance with Somebody’. I love Whitney and so do reality singing show contestants.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _______________.
Presidential Budget. (eye roll)
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
People tend to think I am superficial because of my career.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I love Cape Town! I would never ever move, it’s the best place to live. I have travelled abroad and still think that.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
My fear of failure.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I would like to become a mother.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
LOL. I’m not answering that.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-know and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions for Cape Town You Tuber Theodora Lee
10 Questions for Cape Town Chef Zola Nene
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!