Have your first experience of an entirely sustainable home at Green Point Park from 1 - ...
10 Questions For: Brad Ball
This award-winning chef is also the mastermind behind the successful four-in-one dining experience, Peddlars & Co in Constantia, which combines different culinary tastes together to create locally lekker choices for patrons.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
Mostly back slapping… Either a welcoming one with my regular guests or on the other side of the kitchen doors a slightly harder encouraging one with my kitchen brigade.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Sunday braais with family and friends… I recall my parents always having a blast! Lots of lamb and beer were the order of the day.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Janice and her husband from the Catherine Tate show and Will Ferrell’s character; Chaz from The Wedding Crashers.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Chacarron Macarron by El Mudo not even I can mess it up!!!
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of __________________.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I’m easy to work for…
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
What a city!! We’re very spoilt here! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
The greatest fear is knowing that there are going to be failures before success. Those failures were tough to overcome, but here we are today.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Simply to know that I have made positive changes in other people’s lives through my influence.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you , without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why? Michael Mol, he’s too much of a nice guy to fight back…
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For MasterChef SA Winner, Food-Writer and TV Host Kamini Pather
10 Questions For La Colombe Restaurant at Silvermist Wine Estate Head Chef Scot Kirton
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!