Travel, eat, drink with friends in a vibey kombi, driver included (20% off price)
Accommodation on the slopes of Table Mountain
Platteklip Wash House is part of the original historical Wash House complex where Cape Town’s washer women plied their trade in the mid to late 19th century. This house is built on the slopes of Table Mountain, and was carefully restored to blend seamlessly with its natural surroundings.
The Platteklip Wash House can accommodate 24 people in six 4-sleeper rooms. Each room has two beds at the bottom and two at the top of a loft-style platform. There is a communal bathroom, kitchen and a warm and inviting living area with a Jetmaster fireplace. The outside space has a large boma area, and a slightly sloping large grass verge that leads to a hammock resting between two tall trees. The Wash House is very popular for small weddings, conferences and celebrations of all sorts.
Things to do
- The house is central so it’s a quick trip to town for some shopping and eating out
- Relax in the tranquil surroundings with a view of the busy city
- Take advantage of the great walks and hikes on Table Mountain
- Book the venue to celebrate a special occasion
Good to know
- Bedding and towels are provided
- It’s self-catering, so you need to bring your own food, but the kitchen is fully equipped so leave those spatulas at home
- You need to bring your own firewood
The base rate for 1 to 4 people is R800, with additional adults paying R400 per person per night and additional children paying R200 per child per night.
It can also be hired as a function venue for R5500.
SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Region Parks (Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa and West Coast National Parks) in May, June and July 2012.