View Opperman’s works at the expanded gallery until 30 August
Orange Kloof tented camp
This tented camp in Hout Bay is surrounded by an Afromontane forest
Orange Kloof tented camp is a place that’s a bit of a surprise in 'beachy' Hout Bay. Here we’re talking forest. A rare Afromontane forest surrounds the beautiful camp, which is located just down the road from Constantia Nek going towards Hout Bay. Opened in 2007, Orange Kloof offers comfortable facilities so close to Cape Town – ideal as a getaway for families, nature lovers, hikers or for team building.
This self-catering camp simply calls for endless braais –prep in the fully equipped communal kitchen. The camp is designed in a style that won‘t go out of fashion and sleeps a maximum of 12 persons. On offer are a four-sleeper family tent and four two-sleeper tents, all complete with single beds, mattresses and sheets, as well as electric lighting. Guests make use of two communal ablution blocks within the camp, with hot and cold running water in the shower units.
Things to do
- Hiking; try the route from Orange Kloof up Disa Gorge towards Table Mountain
- Bird watching
- Braai – why not hire the whole camp for a family reunion or a birthday party?
- Discover Hout Bay – it has many lekker restaurants, bars and shops on offer as well as a picturesque harbour
- Visit the beach and go swimming, surfing body-boarding, diving and watch the seals and whales (if you’re lucky)
- Enjoy being in the forest – the viewing deck is the spot in the camp to relax
Good to know
- Bring your own braai wood
- Guests need to provide their own bedding and towels
- Orange Kloof camp is easily accessible by car and has a dedicated parking area
- An additional adult or child (2-12yrs) can be accommodated in each tent on a mattress for a fee.
It costs R440 per tent per night with an additional charge of R220 per adult and R110 per child if they are going to share the tent as well. SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Town region parks in May, June and July.