Cederkloof: Cottages with jacuzzi + house with pizza oven
Best Cape Town Summer Memories Videos
A flashback to 2012’s season of bikinis, trance parties and outdoor activities in the Mother City!
Summer in Cape Town is nothing short of amazing: pristine beaches, multi-coloured sunsets and marvels of nature at almost every turn. Not to mention, aside from the city’s natural wonders, the Mother City is home to some of the craziest, wildest, most amazing happenings!
In honour of the months of warm skin and all-night outdoor parties, here at CapeTownMagazine.com, we’ve painstakingly scoured YouTube to put together a collection of videos that will not only have you reminiscing about that fat jol or super epic experience, but also prepare you for the peak season still to come.
And if you’re reading this during winter, cold, icy tentacles poking through your clothes, here’s an overview of 11 reasons to push through and make your way to Cape Town for all its summer glory. More bluntly, take a break from agonising about how cold your toes are and rather take a loving look back at some epic summer moments in the Mother City.
Now, prepare yourself for a flashback into the summer of 2012, and don’t forget, share this page via your social media channels with those less fortunate souls across the world to keep them clued up on our unbelievable seaside metropolis.
MEMORIES OF SUMMER IN CAPE TOWN
1. Cape Town in 60 Seconds (we’ll forgive his error; Cape Point isn’t the tip of Africa, it’s Cape Agulhas):
2. A Time Lapse of Cape Town:
3. Rodriguez Concert in Cape Town:
4. 2012/2013 Old Mutual Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts (look out for the excited kid at 3:28):
5. Kaapse Klopse Tweede Nuwe Jaar:
6. Clifton Beach:
7. 2013 Holi Festival in Cape Town:
8. 2013 Pick n Pay Argus Cycle Tour:
9. 2012 Red Bull Flugtag in Cape Town:
10. 2012 MCQP: Fairytale Fantasy:
11. 2013 Hunter’s Extreme Ultimate X:
by Meagan Hamman
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn and check out our Pinterest boards for updates.