Have your first experience of an entirely sustainable home at Green Point Park from 1 - ...
Accommodation on the slopes of Table Mountain
Platteklip Wash House is part of the original historical Wash House complex where Cape Town’s washer women plied their trade in the mid to late 19th century. This house is built on the slopes of Table Mountain and was carefully restored to blend seamlessly with its natural surroundings.
The Wash House can accommodate 24 people so it’s a great place for a special occasion or gathering.
Things to do
- The house is central so it’s a quick trip to town for some shopping and eating out
- Relax in the tranquil surroundings with a view of the busy city
- Take advantage of the great walks and hikes on Table Mountain
Good to know
- Bedding and towels are provided
- It’s self-catering so you need to bring your own food but the kitchen is fully equipped so leave those spatulas at home
- You need to bring your own firewood
The house costs R800 per night for two with an additional charge of R400 per extra adult and R200 per extra child. It can also be hired as a function venue for R5500. SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Town region parks in May, June and July.