Enjoy your summer days on Grotto beach with drinks, food and music
Directions from Cape Town to Mzoli's in Gugulethu
Mzoli's in Gugulethu is a popular place to get together for some drinks and a braai - township sundowner style
Directions to Mzoli's in Gugulethu
- Driving to Mzoli’s from the Cape Town city centre, you take the N2 out of town. Drive past hospital bend and stay on the N2.
- After passing the M7 off-ramp to Vanguard Drive, you take the next exit, which is Modderdam Road. Keep in mind that Modderdam Road will be renamed to Robert Sobukwe (founder of the PAC, Pan Africanist Congress) Road.
- Take a right off the the Modderdam Road (Robert Sobukwe Rd) exit ramp onto Duinefontein Road.
- The next big crossing is Klipfontein Road. Turn left onto Klipfontein Road. Drive straight. You’ll cross the railway line and pass a petrol station on your left.
- Turn left at the next road after the intersection with the petrol station,onto NY115; you will see Mzoli's almost immediately on your left.
Mzoli's Place is a popular Tshisa Nyama place located in the heart of the Gugulethu in Cape Town. The meat at Mzoli’s butchery, always barbecued to perfection, is often accompanied by music from the best groove and minimalist DJs of Cape Town.
More importantly perhaps is that it has been an excellent braai and sundowner hotspot in Gugulethu for years and years. This is where people meet for proper 'relax with friends' time.
Mzoli's can attract up to a whopping 30,000 people to Gugulethu from across the Cape Metropole in a single weekend. It also featured the pre-opening party of Global Breakthrough 2008 wih Rick Hunter and Oskido (who didn't want to stop and missed his flight) playing there.
See why we celebrate and more about World Koesister Day during Heritage Day.
Read more about Mzoli's in Gugulethu.
Discover more tshisa nyama joints around Cape Town.
Prefer to do the braaing yourself? Check out these braai spots around Mother City.