Travel, eat, drink with friends in a vibey kombi, driver included (20% off price)
10 Questions For: Stiaan Louw
Menswear designer Stiaan Louw has been pushing boundaries in the local fashion scene since 2008 with his eponymous label
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I dabble in menswear.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I have many, but I recall trying to balance on a red inflatable ball, with both feet, around the age of five. I fell backwards, hit my head and had to get stitches. I also remember a bright red wooden go-cart from the same time.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
I always struggle answering this question.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing'.
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _____________________________.
We can do with fewer ministers.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am unfriendly and unapproachable.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It is one of the most breathtaking cities in the world. I feel that the growing poverty and rising levels of crime need to be addressed, however. It is also more of a town and less of a city, which has its ups and downs.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
I think naiveté played far more of a role than fear.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I recently read a piece in which the author noted that people who are afraid of death are often afraid of living. I would like to be at peace with death.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
[ SA pop group] Beatenberg. I will fight dirty if necessary.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Co-founder of the initiative Creative Nestlings Lunga Mateta-Phiri
10 Questions For Photographer and Journalist Yann Macherez
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!