Catch this stellar performance about forbidden love
10 Questions For: Ntsiki Biyela
Most famous for her status as South Africa’s first black woman winemaker, this lovely lady has been at the top of her game for more than a decade
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
Making wine for those who enjoy finer things in life.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I have a lot of memories, but when I see a cloud that is shaped like anything I recognise, it always reminds me when I was fetching the cows from the grazeland. I saw a cloud that looked like a crocodile; I ran home screaming, leaving the cows behind.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
My late grandmother, Aslina. Difficult to explain, but she always made my life simple with a just a prayer; she had inner strength which I would still want to know how she managed.
My late grandfather, whom we called BaseKapa, always brought a perspective of love and peace in a conversation or argument.
Maam Nkosazana Zuma. She is a very successful woman, but so grounded that I feel the mother in her every time I look at her; I feel like I can run to her and feel safe like a child.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
Nicole C Mullen - ‘My Redeemer Lives’. It reminds me all the time that there is the divine power. The video of this song is full of love and people’s faces when they look at each other, so warmly.
And besides, like any other wooden mic, I sing it best in front of the mirror.
5. How would you complete this sentence?
The South African cabinet should include a Minister of…
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That I’m rich.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
You don’t wanna know.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
To be completely at peace.
10. Which well- known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
I don’t think there is any, looking at David and Goliath’s story.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Local and International Performer Bonnie Mbuli
10 Questions For TV and Radio Personality Zoe Brown
In spirit of the vino theme, here are couple wine farms you MUST check out: Boschendal Wine Farm, Hazendal Wine Farm, Avontuur Wine Estate and De Grendel Wine Farm. Here is also 20 of Our Favourite Places to do Wine Tastings in and around Cape Town.
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!