Where to drink one of the world’s oldest cocktails + a recipe
10 Questions For: Locnville
Meet identical twin brothers Andrew and Brian Chaplin of the award-winning electro hop music duo Locnville. In addition to being singer-songwriters, song producers and musicians, the twins are also guitarists, drummers and entrepreneurs. Not to mention, in 2013 Locnville performed as the opening act for Justin Bieber’s South Africa tour.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
Taking our experiences and putting them into a format that’s relatable and danceable.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
A big one was getting our first guitars as a Christmas present. That was a defining moment as to what we would end up doing with our lives.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
1. John Oliver would definitely crack an invite. He has an amazing way of exposing the sad realities of the world we live in in an understandable and funny way.
2. Another would be Oprah Winfrey just to express our disappointment that she went off the air before we could get on her show.
3. And lastly, Leonardo DiCaprio, because he’s Leonardo DiCaprio.
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
‘Tribes x Angels’ by Muzi because it fits the baritone of our voices and is just straight up a good track.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of _____________________________.
Making Sure Everyone Else Is Doing What They’re Supposed To.
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
That we were or are a label-made package. This couldn’t be further from the truth; we take great pride in keeping full artistic control in everything we do, from videos to the actual production and mixing of our music.
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
It could be the greatest city in the world. It’s a flawed masterpiece.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
Whether or not people would understand what it is that we’re trying to do.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
Owning a private plane would be pretty great. Going to space is also high on the priority list!
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
We could hold our own against pretty much anyone but we prefer the peaceful approach.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Theatre Performer Jonathan Roxmouth
10 Questions For Musician Toya Delazy
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!