From R200 vouchers and free upgrades, drive away with more value adds
10 Questions For: Bonnie Mbuli
The talented South African performer who’s graced both local and international screens
1. How would you describe what you do for a living?
I tell stories, I bring people's realities to the screen and make the human condition known and understood. I'm committed to telling them with truth and integrity.
2. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I recall my favourite dress. Whenever I wore it, I really felt awesome, and as a result I always had good days in it. It was a nautical knee-length, woollen baby doll dress.
3. If you could invite any three people, dead or alive, for dinner, who would they be and why?
Ellen DeGeneres (she is funny, smart and dresses well), Oprah (need I say more?), Matthew McConaughey (he is currently the reigning acting God, for me).
4. If you ever found yourself auditioning for a music reality TV show, what song would you sing and why?
I'd sing John Legend's ‘Ordinary People’. It's an honest song. Honest expression is rare and refreshing.
5. How would you complete this sentence? The South African cabinet should include a Minister of_____________.
Protection of Women and Children
6. What would you say is the biggest misconception about you?
There are no misconceptions. Where there is smoke there is fire. LOL
7. What is your (honest) opinion of Cape Town?
I love Cape Town with all my heart. It's breathtakingly beautiful and majestic. It is even more racist than people imagine. This is where apartheid was exiled to.
8. What's the greatest fear you've had to overcome to get where you are today?
That I don't have what it takes to earn a living doing what I love.
9. What's the one thing you'd like to achieve before you die?
I'd love to contribute to or begin a movement to radically transform the lives of previously and still disadvantaged people in SA.
10. Which well-known South African personality would you, without a doubt, be able to beat in a street fight and why?
Chester Missing. He's a puppet.
Photographer: Derek Antonio Serra
Hair & Make-up: David Sharp
Garments: Vintage and the City — with Derek Antonio Serra and David Sharp at Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel.
CapeTownMagazine.com’s 10 Questions project gets to know some of the Mother City’s most creative and inspiring people. From television personalities and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, we find out more about well-known and up-and-coming Capetonians. You can follow #CapeTownMag10Q on Twitter and Facebook to track recent interviews or read more here about our other awesome 10 Questions candidates.
A FEW OF OUR OTHER 10Q CANDIDATES:
10 Questions For Actress Amy Louise Wilson
10 Questions For TV and Radio Personality Zoe Brown
Check out our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!