Join the fun in the Cape Winelands in aid of children with disabilities
Shimmy Beach Club
Shimmy on down to the V&A Waterfront’s first beachside club
For a hot oceanfront outing, there’s no cooler place to be than the V&A’s exclusive and excellently located Shimmy Beach Club. Boasting a fine dining restaurant, whisky and vodka tasting rooms, two bars and a sprawling deck leading down to an infinity pool and private beach, the premier venue provides Cape Town’s elite plenty a place to play and prey.
This luxury lifestyle destination encapsulates the epitome of easy living. From its scintillating surrounding views – guests can feast on panoramas of both the rolling waters of the working harbour and the majestic backdrop of Table Mountain – to its lolling loungers and affluent see-and-be-seen crowds, Shimmy is shaking its way to the forefront of the Mother City’s nightlife scene.
Shimmy Beach Whisky and Vodka Tasting
For the connoisseurs and curious alike, whisky and vodka tastings are available for group bookings. Ideal for private tastings, corporate functions and sales meetings, The Bunnahabhain Whisky Room invites patrons to sip and swirl three varieties of the increasingly popular un-chillfiltered whisky: the Bunnahabhian 12-Year-Old, 18-Year-Old and 25-Year-Old. Alternatively, premium vodka and caviar tastings can be enjoyed at a refreshing minus two degrees Celsius in the aptly named Vodka Vault. Don an authentic ushanka hat and warm fur coat and relish the heat of this premium spirit.
Shimmy Beach Club
For those looking to soak up the sun rather than brave the cold, a large outdoor deck with sun lounger beds, infinity pool and private beach provides the optimum opportunity to languish outside and take in the stunning surrounding views. Top off your relaxation with a glass of bubbly from the champagne bar for a fully hedonistic afternoon.
If your feet start itching and you feel the need to get up and move, you can boogie the night away to some of the best house beats on Shimmy Beach Club’s swanky indoor dance floor. Or, if you prefer the great outdoors, shimmy and shake beneath the stars to a variety of live music on the 1.6 metre-high hydraulic stage; it’s located on the beach.
Whether you arrive by car, boat or helicopter (there’s parking for all three), this V&A hotspot has plenty on offer for both the die-hard party animal and the laidback reveller.
For those looking to enjoy an excellent meal, laze by the pool or have an all night jol, Shimmy Beach Club is the ultimate lifestyle location.
Directions to Shimmy Beach Club at the V&A Waterfront
- Driving towards the city centre along Nelson Mandela Boulevard, take a right onto Coen Steytler Avenue at the first set of traffic lights you reach (the CTICC will be on your left and the V&A Waterfront on your right). Keep in mind that Coen Steytler Avenue is soon to be renamed Walter Sisulu Avenue.
- Alternatively, driving from the city centre down Buitengracht Street, take a left onto Coen Steytler Avenue at the last set of traffic lights before Nelson Mandela Boulevard (the CTICC will be on your right and the V&A Waterfront on your left).
- Once on Coen Steytler Avenue, continue straight until you reach a traffic circle. At this circle, take the third exit. This is South Arm Road and leads to the Clock Tower Precinct.
- At the second traffic circle, take the second exit, as though driving straight. This is still South Arm Road.
- Drive straight, past all the docks, towards the tall Cape Town Harbour Control Tower. Take a left at the end of the road, before the tower. You will see Shimmy Beach Club right in front of you. Request to park inside the club’s property.
Shimmy Beach Restaurant: Monday to Sunday 10:00am-4:00am.
Shimmy Beach Club: 12:30pm – late.
Cover charge: R100 after 8:30pm (entrance fee does not apply to those eating at the restaurant).
South Arm Road | V&A Harbour Waterfront | Cape Town | +27 (0)21 200 7778
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle and check out our Pinterest boards for updates. Plus, subscribe to our weekly newsletter for news on what's happening in and around Cape Town.