The city launches its largest residential development
Join our team
Apply to be a member of CapeTownMagazine.com!
Apply to be a member of CapeTownMagazine.com!
PARTNER CONTENT AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Duration: contract - 5 days a week
Salary: R14 000 - R20 000
CapeTownMagazine.com is looking for a strong, structured Partner Content and Relationship Manager, editor and content producer for our online magazine, events section and social media channels.
Being a trusted friend that enables exciting discoveries around the corner, CapeTownMagazine.com passionately unpacks unique experiences in the biggest way, and the biggest experiences in the most unique way.
Living this ethos ferociously, we’ve developed a partner programme that enables products, places and experiences to benefit from our reach in a way that really helps them grow through content activation, guaranteed exposure and, through this, results. What resonates accelerates is our motto.
Are you someone who loves to lead, thrives in a deadline-driven online media environment and is an excellent writer and editor as well as a highly organised and inspirational manager? Do you absolutely understand the ins and outs of social media and SEO?
Does easily hitting daily and weekly deadlines while juggling multiple writing assignments tick your boxes? Do you have an innate passion to find out what makes places and experiences resonate with people - story telling instead of selling, unwrapping instead of telling? Are you someone that can look at experiences or places and truly dig out the things other people could and would enjoy?
Our driven team is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is nimble, not afraid to tackle challenges, and who brings an innovative and passionate approach to producing digital content and inspiring content creators.
- Conduct research and interviews to put together creative features, viral pieces, SEO-focussed overviews and content marketing partner articles
- Writing new features and updates for partner content
- Manage content production and content marketing
- Developing and maintaining the tone and editorial direction for CapeTownMagazine.com and ensure all content is consistent with these elements
- Create synergy between the editorial and partnership teams and manage the commercial aspects involved in content production and each team’s expectations
- Maintain high-quality standards
- Be a strong leader who sets direction and high standards, who explains well-researched ideas with confidence and who leads by example
- Be highly organised to ensure all deadlines are met and all schedules are adhered to;
- Run weekly project management meetings to ensure each team is clear on assignments and deadlines are met
- Conduct team editorial brainstorm sessions and create monthly workflows accordingly
- Be aware of and share emotive brand pillars throughout all content
- Copyedit and subedit all client content daily in line with the CapeTownMagazine.com style
- Create weekly newsletter: brainstorm and establish themes, select inclusions, write editorial and banner copy, sign off final draft
- Monitor and analyse channel and traffic data and generate ideas for driving growth and cultivating a larger, more dedicated readership
- Contribute and initiate the excellent activation of content across social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (Google+, Pinterest & Linkedin)
- Working closely with the Head of Content to develop new avenues of content and to increase unique visitors numbers, page views, newsletter subscriptions and community engagement
- Act as the main bridge between the editorial and sales/marketing teams by participating in weekly partner meetings and briefing the editorial team accordingly (updating the sales/marketing team on progress where necessary)
- Oversee the execution of partner content contracts on the editorial side: brief writers on partner assignments, ensure partner content is written up and published according to deadlines, ensure partners receive promised promotion via social media and direct marketing, etc
- Communicate with partners and develop and manage positive client relationships
- Loading of partner contract content tasks in the CRM;
- Working closely with the sales/marketing team to brainstorm and execute brand activation campaigns for partners
- Managing partner activation workload across the English, Dutch and German sites;
- Training team on result analysis
- Send partner welcome email to communicate campaign output
- Handle partner concerns to iron out client relations
- Be involved in the campaign set-up when it comes to creating events and deals beneficial to CTM audience
- Create partner content performance report
- Maintain and develop a superb freelancer base
- Attend events on behalf of CapeTownMagazine.com outside of office hours and represent the company accordingly
- Carrying out in-house presentations to share strategy, analysis and editorial insight with the team
Quality management, mentorship and workshops
- Be available to give feedback to team
- Provide training on how to write a good feature.
- Inspiring new team members with workshops on content formatting, layout, SEO, language use etc
- Strategic Sessions with team members of Partner, Office, Operations, Editorial and Social Media teams
- Quality check of overviews and features to maintain high-quality standards
- Editing and fact checking of editorial content
- Planning updates on features from an SEO perspective
- Write engaging captions, headlines and blurbs that are SEO friendly as well as enticing and factually correct
- Share analysis and insight with the team at the weekly partner meeting
- Effectively organise, manage, motivate and mentor any freelance writers/content creators/contributors when required
A bachelor's degree or graduate diploma in English, communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, or a related field
When it comes to skills and personal qualities we’re looking for someone who:
- Is a ruthless copywriter/writer that finds brevity an essential tool in the UX toolbox
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English: written and spoken
- Excellent writing ability
- Works well in a team and with a range of creative people
- Is able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Is highly self-motivated and well organised
- Has the confidence to ask questions
- Maintains expertise on search engine news and trends
- Is passionate about digital publishing and content
- Is guided by SEO results of the past to create content that will resonate in the future
- Has the ability to multi-task
- A positive thinker, go-getter, not a 9-5 mentality
- Is solutions focused and enthusiastic
- At least three years experience' comprised of agency, digital and/or media publishing work
- Has client account management experience
- A minimum of five years' experience planning, writing, and editing copy in a professional capacity for web projects
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO techniques
- Must live in, love and know Cape Town
- Good working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Digital video production (bonus)
- Experience in creating newsletters on software like MailChimp
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, PowerPoint, basic Photoshop
- Ideally, have working knowledge of HTML and CMS software such as WordPress
- A willingness to travel
- A valid driver's licence
If interested, send your CV, a short letter of motivation and two writing samples to Zani Botes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a writing test.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN - INTERNSHIP
Duration: 6 Months – 5 days a week
Salary: Basic stipend of R3000
CapeTownMagazine.com, a reputable online publication devoted to sussing out the Mother City’s culture and lifestyle scene, is looking for a passionate Instagram intern to join its hard-working, editorial social team. Being a trusted friend that enables exciting discoveries around the corner, CapeTownMagazine.com developed a very popular and successful Instagram channel that features the best and most unique aspects of Cape Town.
We’re looking for a bright, passionate Instagrammer who is keen to contribute to the growth of our channel and who thrives in a deadline-driven online media environment. There’s opportunity to shoulder some serious responsibility here and to gain some valuable insight into the world of Instagram.
Curate exciting on-brand content for the Instagram channel, five days a week
Keep track of daily stats by update Instagram Google sheets and create reports for the weekly meetings.
Type and proofread social media copy for Facebook and Twitter on a weekly basis
Schedule social media content timeously for the weekend and any other public holidays
Organise and manage the Weekend Takeover project, providing new candidates and keeping track of weekly features.
Come up with ideas to grow our Instagram channel
A diploma/degree in Media, Communications or Journalism
Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
Fluent in English
An interest in photography
If interested, send your CV, a short letter of motivation to Alyx Carolus at email@example.com (please use ‘Application for 2017 Instagram Internship’ as your email subject line) by Monday, 20 February 2017.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within a week of sending your CV you should regard your application as unsuccessful.