Meet the various curators of craft beer at Villain’s Ale every Wednesday!
Alien Safari: Masqued Ball Trance Party
Dress up and explore the Kingdom of Hearts at one of summer’s wildest outdoor electronica festivals
There is no better time than the present to embrace your inner dancing sprite or entertain your outer merry prankster than at the Alien Safari trance party happening just outside Cape Town on Saturday, 25 and Sunday, 26 February 2017.
That’s right stompers, the much-anticipated and oh-so loved Masqued Ball is back this year with a rad all-star line-up of epic local and international DJs and producers, like Dirty Saffi (UK), Dust (Italy) and Ritmo (Israel).
Plus, unlike some of the more massive, commercial psy-calendar highlights, this party perfectly mixes the spirit of a friendly get-together with the incredible production quality of a big outdoor summer event.
But the main thing that sets it apart from the rest is the location. This supersonic weekend adventure sounds off on a secluded beach near Gordon’s Bay, and the out-of-the-ordinary, enchanting venue features great camping sites, a grand view and the opportunity to catch some waves between sets.
Otherwise, if you’re looking forward to roughing it, don’t forget your mask and tent! There will be a full bar on site, but it’s always advised to bring your own booze (no glass, please), sunscreen and smokes.
LINE-UP FOR THE 2017 ALIEN SAFARI: MASQUED BALL TRANCE PARTY
- Dirty Saffi (UK)
- Dust (Italy)
- Ritmo (Israel)
- Waio (Germany)
- Alien Natives
- Qube & Dyce
- Josh Mac
TICKETS FOR THE 2017 ALIEN SAFARI: MASQUED BALL TRANCE PARTY
Pre-sale tickets are available via Quicket.co.za for R400p/p prior to the festival. Gates will open at 10am on Saturday, and the music stops on Sunday at 4pm.
There is also an extra R250 vehicle levy (on top of the ticket cost) charged per car. For each additional passenger, the levy is reduced by R50; so it will be R250 for one person (the driver), R150 for two people, R100 for three people, R0 for four people. In other words, reduce your carbon emissions, save a few pennies and carpool to the jol!
TICKET OUTLETS FOR THE 2017 ALIEN SAFARI MASQUED BALL TRANCE PARTY
- Sea Point | Call-A-Pizza | +27 (0) 21 434 0818
- Canal Walk | Wildfire Piercing | +27 (0) 21 552 8929
- Kalk Bay | Gypsy, Main Road | +27 (0) 21 788 6802
- Stellenbosch | Gypsy, Dorp Street | +27 (0) 21 886 7157
DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE FOR THE 2017 ALIEN SAFARI MASQUED BALL TRANCE PARTY
- Take the N2 from Cape Town towards Sir Lowry’s Pass.
- Take the Gordon's Bay turnoff to the right before Sir Lowry’s Pass.
- Go to the T-junction and turn left on the R44.
- Follow the signs.
PARTY RULES FOR THE 2017 ALIEN SAFARI MASQUED BALL TRANCE PARTY
Party-goers are encouraged to keep it green, carpool and donate any old clothes to charity (there will be a donation box at the gate). There are also a few basic party rules that apply:
- Absolutely no drinking on the beach will be tolerated; partygoers can drink alcohol in the caravan park. Note that this rule will be strictly enforced.
- Lifeguards will be on duty but take note, there’s an extremely strong current and the area is prone to shark attacks; DO NOT swim unless you are sober.
- Swimming at night is strictly forbidden.
- Respect the venue as it is part of a nature reserve; strictly no glass, fires, fireworks, domestic animals, independent sound systems, illegal substances, graffiti and weapons are allowed at the venue.
- No under-18s are allowed, and identification must be provided on request.
- Organisers have ensured that the event is safe and secure and will not accept any responsibility for negligent behaviour.
- And please, leave the bad attitude at the gate.
Want your event to gain fame and a following? Our Events Support Programme includes diverse and affordable packages guaranteed to get results.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smart phone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!