Ditch the regular, old game drive and saddle up for an up-close experience with ...
Organik Love Project Trance Party
Kick it up at one of the last outdoor psytrance festivals of the season
Don’t hang up those party outfits just yet: the good folks at production company Organik are bringing trance lovers another outdoor music festival, Love Project, from Saturday, 11 May to Sunday, 12 May 2013 at the aptly titled Utopia, a dreamy venue near Caledon that lies just 100km from Cape Town.
One of the last jols of an epic season, the party features two mega psytrance producers from Israel, Vertical Mode and Xerox, as well as local favourites, like PsyGuy, Headroom and Stereotype, who are all sure to bring the sickest beats and breaks to stompers jamming on the shaded dance floor.
The grassy, tree-lined setting lends itself to spreading the love and features everything festival-goers could need for a good time, including dams for swimming and food, craft and clothing stalls. Revelers should note, though, that no glass bottles are allowed in, so any alcohol brought from home should be decanted into plastic containers.
Camping goes without saying, and for those who don’t feel like roughing it too much, Belle Tent Village will be hiring out groovy waterproof tents that sleep between two and four people.
The organisers Organik have also made a pledge to ‘play’ it forward by supporting the Overberg Development and Empowerment Centre in Caledon. There will be a collection box at the festival gate
s for spare blankets and clothes that will go to underprivileged school children from the region who will need them this winter.
Line-up for the 2013 Organik Love Project trance party
- Vertical Mode (Israel)
- Xerox (Israel)
- Dave Mac
- Tune Raider
- Static Flow
- Streisand Brothers
Tickets for the 2013 Organik Love Project trance party
Pre-sale tickets for the psytrance festival are available at various retail outlets in and around Cape Town (see below for a list) at a cost of R220p/p. Tickets can also be purchased at the gate at R250p/p.
The venue will be open from 11am on Saturday, 11 May.
Pre-sale ticket outlets for the 2013 Organik Love Project trance party
- BIG BAY: Postnet – +27 (0) 21 554 2755
- CANAL WALK: Wildfire Piercing – +27 (0) 21 552 8929
- CAPE TOWN CBD: Global Girl | Gardens Centre – +27 (0) 21 461 1756
- CAPE TOWN CBD: SKA Clothing | Long Street – +27 (0) 21 426 5025
- CAVENDISH LINK: SKA Clothing – +27 (0) 21 671 1367
- DURBANVILLE: Zebra Trade Routes – +27(0) 21 976 2604
- HERMANUS: Funky Vibes – +27 (0) 28 312 1446
- HOUT BAY: Creperie & Coffee Shop – +27 (0) 21 790 8132
- KALK BAY: SKA Clothing – +27 (0) 21 788 7437
- OBSERVATORY: SKA Clothing – +27 (0) 21 447 6014
- SEA POINT: Call-a-Pizza (additional booking fee) – +27 (0) 21 434 0818
- SOMERSET WEST: Old Skool Tattoos | Main Road – +27 (0) 71 345 5096
- STELLENBOSCH: Gypsy – +27 (0) 21 886 7157
- TABLEVIEW: SKA | Bayside Centre – +27 (0) 21 557 2468
Strictly NO: Under 18s (IDs will be checked), glass bottles, fires, fireworks, weapons, domestic animals, independent sound systems, graffiti, bad attitudes, illegal substances.
Directions to the 2013 Organik Love Project trance party
- Take the N2 out of Cape Town and go over Sir Lowry’s Pass
- Stay on the N2, then turn left onto the R406 Greyton/Grenadendal turn-off (just before Caledon)
- Drive for 6km; the venue entrance will be on your right
Read our overview of trance parties in Cape Town, so you never miss another shindig again.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn and check out our Pinterest boards for updates.