Discover the joy of jewellery design in Giselle Petty’s one-day workshop
Valentines Dinner at Ricks Cafe Americain
Turkish Viagra anyone?
Take your lover to the trendy Ricks Cafe Americain, Cape Town, for a scrumptious three course meal guaranteed to swoon the taste buds at the very least. Ricks Café is modelled on the Rick’s from the famous Casablanca movie; the interior is rich and warm. Moroccan design elements abound; mosaics, tagines, stained glass, and dark wood. And of course, there are movie posters of Casablanca on the walls.
The cost is R225p/p and includes the following:
Complimentary welcome cocktail
Pink Bermuda swizzle - dark and white Bacardi Rum, Triple sec, Grenadine, pineapple, orange and lime juice.
Caprese salad (V)
- rocket, pesto, buffalo mozzarella and crustini
- Mediterranean Seafood soup with Prawns, Line fish and Mussels with toasted Garlic Bread
- Fresh seared tuna in sesame, fine beans, olives, eggs and potatoes
- With Pesto, Rocket, Parmesan and a Caper Vinaigrette
Roasted Beef Fillet
- gratinated with camembert, fine beans in crisp bacon, roasted potatoes and a port jus
- Saffron and Cumin spiced Free Range Chicken Pieces with preserved lemons, Olives, roasted Garlic and Couscous
- Crusted in Cajun spice and blackened, roasted veggies, potato mash and cafe de Paris butter
Stuffed Aubergine (V) - with curried Chickpeas, Spinach, Ratatouille, Haloumi and Cous Cous
Tiramisu "pick me up" with blueberries
"Hot Love" white Belgian choc ice with Cherrie jubilee
"Death by Chocolate” Chocolate pecan nut pie and creme anglaise
And after dinner :
A glass Pongracz rose and Turkish "viagra" (sweet Moroccan pastry)
Still not sure what to do for your Valentine? Check out this overview of romantic things to do for some inspiration.