Bring your bro and get a haircut on the house from Swordfern
The 8th Vodacom Funny Festival
Cape Town’s Baxter Theatre presents the best in stand-up comedy this winter.
Looking for this year's Vodacom Funny Festival? The rebranded comedy showdown is now called the Jive Cape Town Funny Festival!
The 8th annual Vodacom Funny Festival, Cape Town’s largest comedy event is back with side splitting comedy from Monday 11 June - Sunday 8 July.
Featuring both local and international stand-up comedians and speciality acts, this side-splitting festival is the only comedy event in Cape Town to be officially included in the “Cape of Greats Events” listing by the city’s tourism department.
The Vodacom Funny Festival Line-up 2012:
- Alan Committie – SA’s top MC returns to run proceedings with a wit sharper than a Minora blade
- Imran Yusuf – UK’s new sensation, a hit at the 2011 Edinburgh Festival
- Kev Orkian – Winner of the "best musical comedy" at the prestigious 2011 Edinburgh Festival, back with his new show
- Kurt Schoonraad – The face of Cape Town’s comic scene
- Piet Potgieter – Afrikaans comedy with a twist
- Carl Wastie – Or Constable Carl as he has become known, makes sure that all cell phones are off
- The Boy with Tape on his Face returns with a new bag of tricks (11–23 June only)
- Jon Hicks – Speed painting with a difference, revealing a portrait of sheer brilliance (25 June – 8 July only)
- Gamarjobat – Known all over the world as the “kings of silent comedy” (11–30 June only)
- KG – Kagiso Mokgadi, affectionately known as KG, son of a sangoma. Direct from Pretoria with heavyweight comedy knockout gaga (2–8 July only)
Vodacom Funny Festival dates and times:
Opens on Monday, 11 June, at 8m
Thereafter Monday–Friday at 8pm
Saturday at 5pm and 8pm
The show runs for two hours and 45 minutes and is not suitable for children under the age of 18.
Price: R140p/p and are available via Computicket, but look out for specials via CityMob.co.za as well.
Discounts (all tickets must be for the same performance):
10–29 tickets R125p/p
30–49 tickets R120p/p
50–99 tickets R115p/p
100 or more tickets R110p/p
Entire house R95p/p
For all stand-up comedy evenings happening throughout Cape Town and surrounds this June, be sure to check out our Events Section.
For updates on happenings in and around Cape Town for kids, for you or for the whole family, be sure to subscribe to our free monthly Editor’s Picks Newsletter and follow us on Twitter.