Get ready for the epic Cape Town outdoor music festival that features over 70 ...
Tweede Nuwe Jaar 2009 Celebrates 2nd New Year
Celebrate New Year in Cape Town twice as Cape Minstrel Festival Kaapse Klopse kicks off their Parade
Read information about the 2012 Cape Minstrel Tweede nuwejaar.
The Tweede Nuwe Jaar is one of the best events on the Cape Town party calendar.
Capetonians together with the Cape Minstrels celebrate New Year twice in Cape Town.
The minstrel parade on January 3rd in Cape Town is a must-see for everyone in Cape Town, local or visitor, as it reflects the heart and soul of vibrant Cape Town and beyond.
It is Cape Town's biggest carnival with numerous minstrels’ festivals, competitions and extravagant parades.
Tweede Nuwe Jaar 2009 :
Malay Choir Road March
Start & End date: 31 Dec 2008 - 1 Jan 2009
Start & End time: 23h00 - 06h00
The procession will consist of 72 choirs and bands and the route will start at Keizergracht and proceed along Darling Street, Adderley Street, Wale Street and end at Rose Street.
Minstrels Road March
Start & End date: 3 Jan - 3 Jan 2009
Start & End time: 10h00 - 21h00
The procession will consist of 66 minstrel troupes and bands and the route will start at Keizergracht and proceed along Darling Street, Adderley Street, Wale Street and end at Rose Street. Troupes will board their buses in Chiappini Street.
General Information Cape Minstrel Carnival:
- SA Police services, Traffic, Metro Police, Management Disaster and Law Enforcement will be in attendance.
- Security, medical, fencing, cleansing, water points and toilets will be in place.
- No vending/informal trading will be allowed along the procession routes.
- No parking will be allowed along the route and all illegally parked vehicles will be impounded.
- No back marches have been approved.
- The Cape Town City Improvement District will also assist with cleaning and security.
In the meantime, subscribe to our Editor's Picks Newsletter to be kept up to date with upcoming Minstrel Parades, Malay Choir competitions and the upcoming Cape Carnival, as well as other news on the best upcoming events in Cape Town and the Western Cape.