A line-up of top-class live music performances sure to brighten up frosty ...
Christmas Special at Fork on Long Street
Enjoy Fork Restaurants Special Festive Season Menu this December
The innovative Fork tapas restaurant in Cape Town's inner city offers up a fresh spin on fine dining. Expect a fusion of contemporary European cuisine with a unique South African twist.
Fork tapas restaurant on Long Street is a great place to relax and unwind. This vibrant Cape Town restaurant is bustling with activity on a Friday night, and the eclectic crowd, minimalist interior and intimate lighting adds to the restaurant's laid-back feel on other nights.
Food is served in small 'Fork sized' portions, meant to be shared with friends; The way tapas should be eaten.
The festive season calls for a festive menu. Fork Restaurant will be running a Christmas menu from 1 December 2009 to 23 December 2009.
Fork’s Christmas Menu 2009:
• Deep fried goats cheese with sundried tomato biscuit and onion and port marmalade
• Puff pastry parcels with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan
• Crispy asparagus and parmesan rolls
• Smoked salmon rolls with goats cheese, dill and salmon caviar served on crostini
• Chicory leaves filled with baby cos lettuce, black olives, walnuts and gorgonzola dressing
• Seared tuna with tatsoi salad and Asian sun-dried tomato dressing
• Slow roast pork belly with apple and horse radish compote
• Fillet of beef on croutons and mushrooms with crisp onion rings and red wine sauce
• Turkey rolled in bacon with pork and sage stuffing on braised red cabbage
• Honey roasted sweet potatoes
• Christmas pudding and brandy butter
Booking a reservation at the restaurant is recommended for Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Got your taste buds in a twist? Read our tasty overview on Fork Restaurant in Cape Town.
For your monthly update on what’s happening in and around Cape Town, be sure to subscribe to our popular Editor’s Picks Newsletter.