From Brandy to eau-de-vie, get into the spirit of things by learning to make ...
Get to the top of Table Mountain and Back for Less
Exciting things are afoot with the launch of a new Cable Card
Last Updade January 13, 2017
Since its introduction in 1929 over 20 million visitors from across the globe have ridden the Table Mountain Cableway and a Cable Card to be introduced in February 2011 will mean that frequent users and die-hard Table Mountain fans will be able to get to the top and back down again for less.
The famous mountain forms part of Table Mountain National Park which is the single most floristic region in the world with over 1 460 different species of plant as well as a variety of indigenous bird species. A five minute ascent to the top affords 360 degree views of Cape Town, the ocean and neighbouring peaks and there are two free walks that depart daily from the upper cable station at 10:00 and 12:00. You can attempt the world's highest abseil with Abseil Africa or simply relax at the self-service restaurant and deli.
What are the benefits of the Cable Card?
- Get free entrance to the Cableway, valid for one year from date of purchase
- Visit the Cableway as often as you like, limited to one return trip per day
- Avoid ticket office queues with express entry
- Get invited to exclusive functions and events
- Get a subscription to our quarterly e-newsletter
(Please note: Only South African citizens are eligible to become cardholders and the Cable Card will only be for sale at the Lower Cable Station)
What does the Cable Card cost?
- Adult Cable Card: R490
- Child Cable Card (4 to 17 years): R245
- Adult and child combo Cable Card: R580